Chapter forty - Back for you

Yooo!

I wanted you to die, so I'm posting a pic of Zayn alongside this chapter!

Hope you like it!

-I xx

____________________________

Baby, you don't have to worry
I'll be coming back for you, back for you, back for you, you
Lately, I've been going crazy
So I'm coming back for you, back for you, back for you, you.

Astrid's POV

"So, this is goodbye?" I was about to cry.

"You wish" He joked "I'll hang around you for a long time"

"I'm glad" I smiled "I'm glad because I haven't gotten enough of Zayn Malik" And I probably never would.

"Remember that we'll see each other for Thanksgiving, if not before" He smiled sweetly.

"I really hope that Thanksgiving comes soon enough. My parents will be amazed to meet you." I stated.

"And I will be amazed to meet them"

"Will you be preppy?" I asked jokingly.

"Absolutely." He giggled like a little baby. Oh my God.

In that moment, he placed his hand in my cheek and stared directly at my lips.

At a slow pace, he started getting closer and closer. I could feel him breathing in front of me.
"It was beautiful spending some days with you" he whispered.

"It was" I reached to pronounce. His eyes got closer to me.

I didn't quite get what was going on. I just closed my eyes and expected for his lips to clash on mine.
"Hey, Zayno, do you have your phone charger? I can't find mine" Louis interrupted and Zayn and I got back to our original positions. "Am I interrupting something?" He smirked and looked at us.

"Not at all" Zayn said coldly.

So if it hadn't been anything, maybe he didn't want anything to do with me.

Zayn's POV

STUPID LOUIS. STUPID FUCKING LOUIS.

We were in the parking lot next to Astrid's car (well, Max's car) and started saying goodbye. She had already talked to the guys, and it was only me who was leading her to her car to wish her well-well in her journey to Evanston.

One thing led to the other and the 'short goodbye' almost ended up as a kiss amongst us. I don't really know what happened. The only thing that I know is that I let her took over myself and I was seduced by her enchantments (wait that doesn't sound really good).

How had he even found us?

As I was finally taking the final step and kissed her, Louis appeared out of nowhere asking for my phone charger.

Fuck off.

He understood that he was interrupting a moment and made a fool of himself by asking if he was interrupting a moment.

Of course, idiot.

I answered coldly, so that the assholes wouldn't bother me later, but I guess that it wasn't a good idea.

Astrid quickly said goodbye by waving us and hopped on her car.

I had fucked it up, once again.

"So, you waved her. Such a nice way to say goodbye" He mocked me but I looked at him with an anger face. "What's wrong, Zayno?" He laughed.

"WHAT'S WRONG, LOUIS? THAT YOU HAD TO INTERRUPT, THAT'S WRONG" I shouted loudly and he couldn't stop laughing.

"You should do that more often, you know. Wave goodbye the girl you like. That may become a trend"

"You fucking shut up or I swear that I'll break your face" I said seriously. I think that he got it this time and stopped laughing.

"It's fine, pal. I'm sorry" He managed to make a straight face, but then he broke up in laughter.

"Fuck you, Louis" I said and started moving towards the hotel. I thought of calling Astrid, but I figured that I better did it later, so that I wouldn't be so angry.

Louis was still behind me mocking me. I could hear him singing lowly.

"Is her heart breaking?
How does she feel about you now?
I can't believe you let her walk away
When, when you should have kissed her"

Fuck you, fucker.

***
Astrid's POV

As soon as I got out of the parking lot, I started crying. I didn't even know what I was crying for, but Zayn's attitude hit me badly. For some reason, I did think that something was happening amongst us. Although it was nearly impossible, I wanted it so badly that I started seeing things. I started believing that he could feel for me what I felt for him.

It was impossible though.

He was him, I was me.

I got to Evanston the fastest that I could, trying to erase that last moment that I had had with Zayn of my memory.

***
"What happened? What did he do?" Max asked preoccupied as I knocked on his door to give him his keys.

"He didn't do anything, Max. He was just perfect the whole weekend"

"Then why are you sad, darling?" He asked sweetly as he pulled me into a hug.

"Maybe because I will never be good enough for him, Max. I really like him, but he's too much. He's dated fucking stunning girls, and he could date anyone he wanted, then why would he choose me?"

"Darling, not everything's about being tremendously beautiful" He tried to calm me down, but ouch.

"Oh wow, James."

"Shit, I didn't mean that" He looked at me with guilt in his eyes "I really didn't mean that. I just meant that of course that he could get prettier girls..."

"You actually just made it worse, congratulations!" I was hysteric.

"Tri... I didn't" He tried to say but I hushed him.

"You know exactly what you said, so you don't have anything to defend you with." I looked at him 

"Bye, Maximilian" I finally said and got out of his apartment.

"But Tri..." He followed me.

"Don't call me Tri" I nearly screamed, but I didn't.

"How will you go to your apartment?" He tried to talk sweetly, but I didn't mind him, I just kept walking. He ran to be where I was and held my arm strongly. "How?"

He did hold it too strongly...

"Max...you're hurting me" I whispered.

He let go of my arm and attempted to hug me.

"No" I didn't let him touch me "Go away, Max" I looked at my arm, it was red of the pressure.
He looked at the ground and nodded.

"You take the car" He told me "I won't use it and I don't want anything happening to you"
I didn't respond. I could see pure regret on his face.

"Here, the keys" He insisted and put the keys on my hand. "I'll pick it up sometime, don't worry."
I didn't move.

"I love you, Tri. I'm sorry for making you mad, but I'm sure that the boy is head over heels for you."
I didn't talk.

"Talk to you tomorrow, darling" He kissed my head.