Chapter sixty-one - And his name is Zayn Malik

And the camera flashes, make it look like a dream.

Song: The Lucky One - Taylor Swift

Astrid's POV

"So is it to help poor people?" I asked Sophia, who motioned me to zip her dress. The boys had to get ready together. Caroline, their stylist, had to tell them what to wear.

Boys...

El, Soph and I were dressing together. El was rocking a rose pink dress that fitted her perfectly; Soph looked like a Victoria Secret model in a little black dress (note the pun); and well, then there was me...

They were talking to me about the ball. Sophia was mentioning that it was to raise money for a good cause.

"Yes. For poor and ill people in underdeveloped countries" She finished as she retouched her lipstick.

"And we are going because...?" I asked; I really had no idea.

"Many celebrities will go" El started "They need that famous people to go, so that people start donating. The boys will sing and we will most probably dance with them while other artists sing. They will record everything, so the whole world will see the performances."

"So, you're telling me that we will be among famous famous people" I replied in shock. Why hadn't I known any of this?

"Uh huh" El said nonchalantly. "But don't worry, bae. Everything will be okay"

"You say" I rolled my eyes and she laughed. Suddenly, a loud knock put us alert. El went and opened the door.

I could see her smile at whoever there was and she then motioned us to follow her "Paul says that the guys are downstairs in the lobby, let's go" She smiled and I shook. 

Dude, I was so freaking nervous.

Soph took my hand in hers and looked into my eyes "Everything will be just fine" She promised "Don't worry. Just smile" I followed her instructive and walked with her to the door, where El was waiting for us.

"Leggo gals" Eleanor screamed and we practically ran to the elevator.

Nerves.

Nerves.

Nerves.

Nerves.

The elevator ride was too long because I couldn't stop thinking about the gala. 

How would it be?

What would they think about me? 

Would they judge me?

As soon as we stepped out of the elevator, Soph pulled my hand and we headed to the lobby. From there we could see the guys' backs. They were laughing and apparently having a good time. As soon as we were close to them, Sophia cleared her throat making everyone acknowledge that we were there. As the guys turned around, their jaws literally fell to the ground.

"Holy fuck" I heard one of them mutter.

They didn't say a word; they just kept staring awkwardly at us. I could not look at Zayn at the time, so I tried to avoid eye contact. I directed my gaze to the ground.

What if he doesn't like how I look?

"Guys, I know that we are hot, but you could at least compliment us" Eleanor joked, forcing me to look at her and laugh together with the rest of the lads and Sophia.