Chapter twenty-seven - Apologize

Or else we'll play, play, play all the same old games

And we wait, wait, wait for the end to change

And we take, take, take it for granted that we'll be the same

But we're making all the same mistakes

Liam's POV

[Song 1: Same Mistakes - One Direction ]

"Zayn, it's the 18th call she does to me. God knows how much she must been spamming your phone" I plead him but he didn't move.

"I'm fucked up, bro" He told me and I touched his hair.

"I'm sorry, mate, but it's been almost a week and you need to get better together." I confirmed and he froze "Besides, we're leaving for Wisconsin in two hours, and remember that we already booked her a room".

"Our management is rich, they can pay as many rooms as we wish and not use them and they wouldn't care shit." Zayn stated and I sighed.

"It's not about that, Zayn, and you know that."

"Yes, I do. But I had never felt so powerless and shitty as I have felt in the past week. It has been hell. Imagine it, mate. If this is how she makes me feel after a month of knowing her, imagine if we ever get to date. We will not agree on anything and we'll fight all the time."

"Zayn." I paused "Love is not about agreeing about everything. Love is about giving and understanding and accepting the other no matter what." He looked at me "She made a mistake and I'm sure that she's aware of that. In the short month that you've known her, she's made you change more than any other girl before. Not only change, but also burst into laughter and forget life's problems. This girl is helping you, no matter what you say. So, you better wash your pride off and talk to her, because you're good for each other, and you're destructing yourselves like this".

He looked at me, as if trying to deny it, but he knew that it was real. She was real. She was the realest thing he'd had in his entire life.

"I'm gonna pick up the phone, no matter what you say. Astrid is my friend too" He looked at me. "Will you want to talk to her?" He shook the head. "Ok" I got out of Zayn's room and went to mine through the interne door that united both of our rooms.

"Hey darling!" I saluted Astrid while putting my phone on speaker.

"Liam!" She nearly screamed "I have been trying to call"

"I know, and I'm sorry that I didn't answer. I have been with Zayn all day" I confessed and she sighed.

"How's he?" She asked. I could tell for her voice that she had been crying.

"Not ok, to be honest."

"Only because of what happened or has something else happened? Is Safa'a ok?" She asked with serious concern. She did care about Zayn.

"Safa'a is alright, for all I know. He's been down since you guys fought" She sighed again.

"Liam" She broke out in tears.

"No, darling, don't cry. It's gonna be ok."

"Liam, I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. I am an asshole and I shouldn't have treated such a wonderful person as Zayn so badly. I know all this stuff and I have been dying this past week. Him ignoring me has been worse than hell. Liam, I haven't been able to go to class. I am a wrecked mess. I don't know why, but I need him more than he'll ever realize that I do."

"Darling..."

"Liam, tell him that I'm sorry, I just..." She was saying.

"I hear you" A thick northern accent interrupted Astrid's speech. "Say what you need to say, I hear you" I could tell that her crying had incremented; he was holding his tears up.