Chapter Fifty-Five

When Chandler answers the phone, he sounds hesitant and confused. "Hello." he says. "Chandler......" the line is quiet for a minute.

"Chandler, can you please come over? Right now? It's important." I ask.

"Fine." He hangs up.

When Chandler arrives, he knocks on the door. I answer it and let him in. He sits on the couch opposite where I'm sitting.

"So. What do you want to talk about?" I look up and examine Chandlers beautiful features.

But I drag myself back into reality and start speaking.

"Look, Chandler. I haven't asked you over to fight. I need to figure all this out. I want our friendship back, but the only way to make that happen is gonna be hard." I spill everything after that.

Chandler doesn't interrupt of anything, instead he listens carefully. When I'm done he says what he needs to confess.

About breaking up with Lila today, feeling like crap because how I was treating myself and everything.

"I know you think I don't care about you." Chandler reaches out and holds my hand.

"But the truth is I do. I care about you 24/7. I care about you all the time and you need to understand it." I take it all in. "I do." I say to Chandler.

I reach forward and hug him, burying my head in his shoulder. "I'm sorry." He whispers into my ear.

"I'm sorry, too." I say back.