Chapter Forty-Six

It's day five of my "home arrest" thing. Mum forbids any electronics or internet, I can't visit Sam or Chandler's, I have to be home after school and a bunch of other rules I cannot stand.

I'm trying to sleep. I toss and turn over and over again. But sleep refuses to come. "Screw it!" I whisper.

I jump out of bed and dress as quickly and as quietly as possible. I pull a hood over my head and crawl out of the window that Chandler once used.

When I get to Chandler's house, I walk around the side of his house to his bedroom window. But before I tap on the glass, I overhear a conversation.

"Chandler!" a girl's voice whines. Lila. I hold in a gasp and stand on my tippy toes to hear them better.

"Listen, Lila. We can't tell her yet. Jess will freak out if she knows. Her Mum put her on home arrest and telling her at school isn't exactly welcoming."
Chandler whispers.

I frown into the darkness. What don't Lila and Chandler want to tell me?

"Okay fine. But we need to tell her were dating soon, because someone else might tell her first." My eyes widen at what I hear.

Suddenly my leg slips and a pot smashes loudly. I run away as fast as I can away from the house.

"Who's there?" I hear Chandler call. I don't turn around or yell back.

I just run into the night.

Ohhh, Chandler and Lila! 😝 Ship it or rip it? Comment what you think of them!