Chapter Forty-Eight

I gulp and sit down on the edge of the couch. "Jess," Mum says "Dean will be staying with us for a while. He will track your moves and help you through this hard time."

Dean smiles at me again. Mum reaches forward and kisses my forehead.

"Well I have to go to work, Dean, but I'm sure Jess will look after you." I groan.

Mum leaves and I'm stuck with Dean. "Umm. I guess you can stay in the guest ro-" Dean cuts me off.

"Yeah, your Mum told me about the guest room. That's okay. But first thing's first, you can't go to school." I frown and ask, "What?"

"We organised with the principal of your school, for you to have a week off." Dean pulls out a bunch of assignments.

"However, you do still have homework. Not as much as usual, though."
I nod and take the sheets.

Dean then goes outside to get stuff from his car, so I pull a bobby pin out of my hair and pick the cabinet lock. I grab my phone just as Dean walks in the door.

"I'm just gonna take a quick shower." I say quickly. "Okay." Dean says, spreading his stuff of the kitchen table.

I run upstairs and go into my room. I shut my door, and for a better touch, turn the shower on.

I lock the bathroom door and pull out my phone. Then I dial Sam's number.

Do you ship Jam (Sam & Jess) or Jandler?