Chapter 32

But why?

I had enough clothes to last me a lifetime. I didn't want more dresses but Anis wasn't ready to listen to any excuses. He shook his head as he took my hand and literally dragged me towards the Marks & Spencer store.

"I'm not getting you the whole wardrobe, Alisha, just one dress." He grinned at me. There was something wrong with his mood. He had punched Hashim few hours back so why was he so cheerful? His behavior was confusing me all the more.

He opened the door of the shop and entered. Immediately, a saleswoman stepped forward with a fake smile on her face. They were trained to be polite and respectful to their customers.

"Hi! I want this lady to try out evening dresses. She needs to get one so make sure that it's the best there is." Anis said to the saleswoman in a perfect accent.

"Certainly, sir." She said and led the way towards the women section of the store. Anis stopped me in midway.

"Alisha, I have a small errand to run. You choose whichever dress you want but make sure it's black. I'll be back in ten minutes tops." Anis said.

"Alright." I said resignedly and walked over to where the saleswoman stood, waiting for me to choose from the dresses she held in her hand. I had two black dresses back in my wardrobe so I didn't want a new one. Sometimes Anis attitude became really high-handed. I thought as I stepped into a black sheath gown, which reached just below my knees. It fitted my figure perfectly and looked quite good. There was nothing special about the dress but the simplicity was what attracted me.

I put it on a side and tried two more dresses but I liked only that one. I stepped into my own clothes and came out of the trying room. Anis still wasn't back. The saleswoman smiled at me and took the load of clothes off my arm.

"Did you like any of the dresses?" she asked. I nodded and held out the one I'd chosen.

"Excellent choice." She said as she cut the tags from the dress. She handed the dress over to me.

"Your boyfriend just came in while you were in the trying room. He wants you to wear the dress when you step out of the store."

"But what about the payment?" I asked.

"It has already gone through." She smiled softly at me. My boyfriend? I had never thought of Anis as my boyfriend. He had more respect and integrity in my eyes than a boyfriend does. I didn't want to name the feelings I had for Anis.

I quickly changed in the dress, carefully folding the clothes I was wearing and then stepping out of the trying room. Anis sat outside, a soft smile touching his lips. Something naughty was going on in his brain, I could sense it. He looked up as I stepped in front of him and the way he looked at me took my breath away. His gaze was so hot that he could've started a fire if there was some wood around. I smiled self-consciously and took another step near him.

"You look beautiful, Alisha." He said. "But you need to do something to your hair." He muttered more to himself.

"What?" I asked, clearly perturbed.

"You will soon find out." He said and took the clothes which I'd previously worn from me and placed them in a laundry bag. We left the shop together and walked towards the east wing of the mall. Anis stopped in front of Tony & Guy and opened the door. He took my hand as he stepped inside and dragged me along. A guy in his early thirties, having his eyebrow pierced greeted him as we came inside. He beamed at Anis and the way he held his hand made sure that he was gay. Anis pulled me in front of him.

"Here she is." Anis said to him. "You know what I've told you."

"Don't worry, Anis, she's in good hands." The guy said and then clapped his hands. Two minutes later, two girls took me away towards another room. I was given a massage that lasted for forty-five minutes, followed by hair wash, blow-dry and makeup. Not even once did the girls working with me flinch at the sight of my body. They worked as if there was nothing extraordinary on my body.