Chapter 11 - The book

8 Years Later. 

I woke up to someone jumping onto the bed. 

"Wake up mum! It's my birthday!!" exclaimed Edward. 

"Good morning to you to Edward." I said.

"Come on I'm now 10 years old." Edward exclaimed. 

10 years. 10 long years. 

"Well I think there's something on the kitchen table." I said. 

Edward jumped off the bed and ran down the stairs. 

I got out of bed and put on my dressing gown. I walked into the kitchen to find Edward with his present on the table. 

"I waited for you mummy." Edward said.

Edward ripped open the paper to reveal a toy wooden plane. 

"Thank you mum. It's just what i wanted." Edward exclaimed. He wasn't a selfish child. Edward was thoughtful and put others in front of himself. 

"It's okay." I said. 

"Where are the presents from Uncle Niall, Zayn and Liam?" Edward asked. The boys sent Edward presents on his birthday and at Christmas. I told them not to but they do it anyway. Edward had met them a few times really at award ceremonies. 

"I don't know. I guess they haven't arrived yet." I said.

"I'm going to play with my plane in the garden." Edward said. 

"Don't be too long we have a busy day." I exclaimed as Edward ran out the back door. 

I heard screaming from the garden. I ran to see what had happened. 

"Edward what's wrong!" I exclaimed. 

"Nothing Uncle Liam, Niall and Zayn are here!" Edward shouted. 

"We couldn't miss Edward's 10th Birthday." Liam said

__________________________________________________________________

It had been a big day for Edward and he went to bed early. He got a book from Niall, which looked battered and old. 

"Uncle Niall said It's very special and it's has stuff about dad in it." Edward said.

"What?" I said. Edward gave me the book to look at. 

"You can read it first." Edward said. 

"Are you sure-" 

"I'm sure." Edward cut in. "Mummy I know you miss him. Read it." Edward handed me the book. 

"Thank you." I bent own and kissed his head. "Good night, sleep tight."

"And don't let the bed bugs bite." Edward's sleepy eyes shut cuddling his bear. 

**

I sat in my chair opening the book. 

"I thought that was Edwards?" Someone asked. I jumped out of my skin. 

"God you scared me." I shouted.

"Sorry ." Harry said. "But its Edward's though isn't it?" 

"Yeah but he wanted me to read it first. Something about Louis being mentioned in it." I said.

"Do you mind if i read it with you?" Harry asked.

"Not at all." I said. Harry smiled. 

**

At the end of read the book I was in tears. 

"Hey! Don't cry." Harry whispered. 

"He's gone though hasn't he." I said "He's been gone for 10 years. 10! Maybe I should get over him."

"What do you mean?" Harry asked

"You know. Find someone else. Edward needs a dad, I feel like I need someone-" 

I was cut of by a pair of lips. Harry's lips. I pushed Harry of me. 

"Harry!" I shouted. "Why did you do that?" 

"You said you wanted someone and I'm someone." Harry said. "And I've been hiding my feeling for the past 5 years."

"Harry I didn't mean straight away." I said. "You like me?"

"Yeah I do! I've been there for you and Edward when Louis couldn't!" Harry shouted.

"Don't bring Louis into this! It's not his fault he was shot and the hospital was raided! Was it!" I shouted. I fell to the ground and broke down.

"They told me to say if Louis ever returned he would be sent here." Harry said.

"And you decide to tell me now. When you should of told me 10 years ago." I said as calmly as I could.

"Sorry I should of told you. But I didn't want you to sit around and wait until the door opened or there was a knock at the door."  Harry said. "I wanted you to have a life and not worry." 

"I get what your on about Harry but it would of been nice if you told me something." I whispered

Harry pulled me into his arms and kept me there.