chapter 8 - welcome homes and P.O.W's

1 year later

Flora's P.O.V.

I know what your thinking. How are things going with Lou and the baby. Well little Edward is doing well. Yeah we had a baby boy.... But Louis never returned. And still hasn't. Edward's missed out on his own son's birth and first ever birthday. Louis was taken away while in the hospital. The hospital was invaded... Louis and a few other war patients were taken away by German forces. It was the day Louis was going to get one the boat home as well. I was a wreak for months. I had already given birth to Edward. Louis was announced as a prisoner of war a week later.

It was September the 1st. 6 years since the war started. 1 year since Louis had been missing. I received letters from Harry and the boys. I don't think I would of made it through the hard times without their letters. People have been telling me to move on and that Louis was probably... Dead. I wasn't going to give up on him. He would be safe somewhere and would be released when the war was over. It was probably going to be soon. Harry would be home in his house around the corner. I would be able to meet the mysterious 3 other boys that I hadn't actually met in person.

I turned around to find Edward sleeping in his crib. He was an angel, though it was hard to took at him. He looked nothing like me, he was Louis son alright. He was a mini Louis. His hair was brown, eyes were blue and even his nose looked like Louis.

My eyes started to sting. I always cried when I looked at Edward sleeping.

2 days later...

Everyone was outside celebrating. The war was over. Yet I didn't feel like celebrating. Families were set to be reunited in a hour. I was only going so Harry had someone to welcome him home.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Harry Styles" the announcer shouted.

Harry came running over to me. He enveloped me into a hug. Tears spilled from my eyes. I was so happy to have Harry here.

"Welcome home." I whispered into his ear.  

"I'm glad to be home as well." He said. 

"Can we stay for a bit?" Harry asked. I nodded my head and sat on a bench behind us. I put the pushchairs brakes on so Edward wouldn't roll away.

"Can I see him?" Harry asked motioning towards the pushchair.  

I unclasped Edward and gave him to Harry.  

"Oh god. He's so much like Lou!" Harry was speechless. Tears started forming in his eyes.  

"You miss him. Don't you?" I asked  

"Like crazy. How have you been? You know with the whole P.O.W thing ." Harry said 

I cleared my throat."Not good. If it weren't for you and the others I would be really messed up right now."  

Harry looked over to the stage where they were bringing out some more important people. They were all important in my eyes. They almost died out there.  

"They are some P.O.W's that we found. They were in a camp and were about to be  shot thanks to us we heard the gun shots. We went to see what was happening. There were a few people that were originally in my division." Harry whispered

"Poor them." I said

We stayed here for a few more minuets. As they were being honored for their bravery one of the older men stood up walked to the microphone. "We would like you all to stay silent in honour of the men who are still missing or have lost their lives."

I put my head in my hands as the tears fell from my eyes. The older man still but the microphone started to call out the names of the dead and missing.

"And last but not least Louis Tomlinson." The older man finished calling the names of the soldiers. Harry had his arm over my shoulder.  

"Sshhh..." He said "its ok. He will come back."  

"He probably won't come back!" I shouted. "He's gone he was probably already killed by the men in the camp you found. Louis' been missing for so long I've lost hope that he will come back."  

"Flora he will. Don't lose hope." Harry said 

"Well then how long. It could be weeks, months, years!" I shouted. Louis was missing he wouldn't come back because he can't.

"Come on let's get you home." Harry helped me up and pushed Edward in his pushchair.