Chapter 4 - Letters

(2 chapters in one day you lucky people.xxx)

Louis P.O.V

I let Harry continue the rest of the "tour". I had to write to Flora. It wouldn't arrive till Saturday but I promised every week. 

*Dear Flora, 

3 days away from you have killed me. That moment you were pulled apart from me I broke down. I've been having a hard time due to it. But I don't care. It's horrible here. Rats and Maggots all over the place. It's all muddy as well. So there's mud all over my shoes, clothes and the food. It's disgusting. if you send me any I will love you forever. Not that I don't. I will always love you and you know it. There were 3 newbies today Zayn, Niall and Liam. They seem really nice and there in our division. I'm sorry about the pain this is causing you but you have to hold on. I will be home don't worry. Let me know how the baby is doing. Harry made me realize that I need to concentrate on what I WILL be coming home to and getting out of here. I love you and will never stop. I miss you. 

I have to go but I will write soon I promise. 

Love Louis x*

I broke down. Just writing this made me cry. Imagine what will happen when i get out. 

*2 days later*

Flora P.O.V

The post flap hit the door. Post. 

I ran to the door. 2 letters. One for Louis and one for me. 

The letter was battered and stained with mud and water. I hope I can read the letter. I opened it. It read. 

*Repeated letter*

Oh my. Tears spilled from my eyes. My Louis out  there. Missing him is like a bullet to the head. I was determined to write back straight away. I didn't know what to put the paper and pen were just in front of me. Thoughts were rushing through my head. But first I got one of Louis favorite pictures of us and put it in the envelope. 

*Dear Louis, 

I love you and miss you. Take care. If you are taken away from me again I won't be able to live my life. The baby if fine. They said on the wireless that War should last for a year but you need to take care. It's an awfully long time. How are the newbies? I bet you will get along. Please send me a picture so I have something of you to know where you are. I know it sounds silly but I need to something to show your ok. 

Love you forever and always 

Flora*

I folded the letter and put it in the envelope along with the picture of us. The letters of to soldiers had to be sent straight to the post office. I walked down on the way I saw Mrs Johnson. She looked so young. With her hair up in a messy bun. Yet the bags and red puffy eyes added years.

"Hello dear." She called.

"Hello Mrs Johnson." I replied.

"Please call me Zoe." Mrs Johnson said.

"Okay so Zoe where you going?" I asked. 

"Off to the post office. The boys letters arrived." Zoe's voice picked up when she mentioned the boys.

"Louis arrived as well. I've got a letter for him as well. What did the boys say?" I said.

"Oh that Luke is Missing home well they all are but Luke's the youngest. Cameron has a foot infection so isn't on the front line yet and Jacob is running the division but he was already a member of the army." Zoe spoke very quickly as if trying to hide something. "What about Louis how's the lad doing?" 

"Missing me and he's showing some new members around but that was 3 days ago so how know's." I said worriedly. I was worried about him. Imagine a child without its farther due to war. Disgusting word it is. Full of innocent lives and blood shed. I didn't want to lose Louis a second time. 

We arrived at the post office. They were collecting the last letters of the day so we made it just in time. 

"Where's this to?" the guy at the post office asked. 

"France. For Louis Tomlinson." I said. 

"Don't know where he is do you sweet heart?" The guy said. Tears filled my eyes. I didn't know only that it was France. "Don't worry I will look it up." 

"Thank you." I whispered. Oh my life's so hard now. Lack of Rations means lack of food. I'm tired and lost. 

"Here we are Tomlinson, Louis." He yes.  

"Yeah." I said 

"Here you go." The post office person said. He passed me a piece of paper with Louis address. I wrote it quickly on the letter. 

"Here. Take it." I said to the man.

"Is that it?" He asked.

"Yeah thanks." I said 

"How much?" I asked. 

"No free of charge it's tough times." He said 

"Anything for you." He said and winked at me. I just rolled my eyes. 

"Thank you." I whispered and walked out the post office.

I cant handle it anymore with people's charity because of Louis going. I'm sick of everything especially life. How long do I have to wait to see his face.

Authors notes:

Hey Guy's please comment on my story  i did start another fan fiction but i abandoned it. I'm mean aren't i. But please comment and tell me what you think about it. i have spoilt you guys as i have put 2 chapters in 1 day (shows how much spare time i have). love you all my jelly beans xxx

Love Elliemoo98