Chapter 1 - Remember

4 years ago.

Louis P.O.V

"Which one is she Lou?" Harry asked.

"The one with the pig tales reading the book." I said with a smile on my face. She was beautiful, with her hair in pig tales but with a little strands falling down her face when she lowered her head.

"Lou your well lucky. What's her name?" Harry asked with a smile on his face.

"Flora." I was love struck I really was.

Flora P.O.V

He was back again. I would recognise that hair anywhere. He looked beautiful just as usual.  

He turned his head as I lowered mine letting little strands fall onto my face. I turned back to my book glancing to him every so often.

"Flora you have to help clear your room." Mother Ann called from my window. I shared a room with Jessica and Violet. They were 17 just like me. I stood up from the rocking chair on the porch and made my way through the door but not before I had one last look and waved to the boy and his friend.

Louis P.O.V

Flora stood up from the rocking chair and made her way into her huge house. As she closed the door she waved at us. Had she noticed us from way down here. Her garden was big and I could only just make her out. She didn't know I excisted though I was just some boy that never crossed her mind.

"Hey lou did you see that she waved at me." Harry joked.  

"No it was me" I argued back  

"Nope I'm sure it was me." Harry smiled  

"Yeah right. We were only surpost to be getting milk." I said.

We walked away I looked back and smiled as we turned the corner to our house.

Flora P.O.V

I watched the boy and his friend walk round the corner. He was perfection. How is he not taken. He wouldn't want me poor little orphanage girl with no way out but marriage. That's how it ran here. Due to the Nuns. Mother Ann, Mother Dorris and Mother Jane.

"Oh Flora get your head out that book and help." Mother Ann moaned. "What you reading this time?"

"Cinderella." I said

"Oh Flora stop reading childish stories you know it never happens in real life, its make belive." She moaned

"So what I will read what I want to. Just cos you didn't get your fairytale doesn't mean I can't." I said. I never talked back to the Mothers. Mother Ann tookout her cane and hit my hands.

I burst into tears. How could she take care of kids as young as 7. She was a witch. Just like the one in Hansel and Gretel.

That's it I've had enough. I lay on my bed crying. I finally fell asleep. I dreamed about myself and the boy. What am I thinking I don't even know what his name is. But he's just perfect.

The next day  

Mother Dorris made me take the rubbish donw to the bins as a follow up punishment. I didn't mind I actually get to talk to people. I was about to open the bin when it opened for me there stood the perfct boy. I put the rubbish in the bin and sarted to walk away. Wait what was I doing. I turned back around.  

"Thank you." I said shyly.  

"Its okay what's your name?" The boy asked.  

"Flora. And yours?" I replied. Finally I will know his name.  

"Louis." He said. He really was perfection.  

"Your really pretty." He saod but he covered his mouth. I felt my cheeks go bright red.  

"Thank you." I giggled.

We staired into eachothers eyes our lips nearly touching eachother. He leaned in closer.

"Get your hands off Flora." Mother Ann shouted. Louis and myself jumped back.  

Mother Ann grabbed my hand and started to drag me up the path to the house.  

"You will never see him again." Mother Ann shouted.  

"Louis." I shouted from the house.  

I started crying. I know I only met louis but I felt something like I'm my fairytales.  

Louis started to run up the path to the house. Thump. Mother Ann had been hit on the head by Mother Jane.  

"Thank you." I said while hugging her.  

"Its okay now go find him." She wispered.

I ran out the house yet I couldn't find him. He had gone. But I was going to find him.  

"Louis!" I shouted  

I ran down the road and round the corner where I saw him walking into a house.  

"Louis!" I shouted.  

"Flora!" He shouted back.  

We ran to each other where he kissed me when we met. It was magical it really was.

"Flora I know just met but I love you I really think I do." Louis wispered into my ear.  

"I love you too Louis." I said

4 years later.

"Louis look at this its our wedding pictures" I called from the kitchen.  

"Aww look at little you." Louis said.  

It had been 3 years since me and Louis got married.  

"Yeah but look at your messy hair. I laughed

Louis leaned in and kissed me. Even now I feel sparks.

"Conscription has just been announced" the wireless boombed

My heart stopped. Louis broke the kiss. We staired into each others eyes and then to the growing bump. Louis can't go we have a family growing. If he goes and never comes back our child will never have a father. No one would ever fill the hole if he never came back.

"All men aged 18-45 will have to go to war and fight for Britain and france against the Germans." The wireless boombed again.

Tears fell down my face. That included Louis. My Louis off to War.