Chapter 39

•Harry•

"Hey son,how's she doing?"Her dad asked as i walked down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Yeah ugh,about that"I scratch the back of my neck nervously. "I was wondering if it was alright with you guys that i'd stay here for a few days maybe"I say and take a seat opposite of them.

"You mean sleep here?"Her mum asks

" Yeah,I just want to make sure she's alright"I say and look up to see them looking at me.

"That would be great Harry,because we both have to work and we don't want to leave her home alone"Her mum smiles at me. "I need to go to school though,so i won't be here all day"I explain.

"We can start working when you get home,then you can maybe bring her her homework and she can help you"Her mum smiles. "Thank you so much,i just want her to be save"I smile and look over at her father,he hasn't said anything about this since i started talking.

There was an awkward silence for a few minutes before i decided to speak up.

"A-And,uhh,I wanted to talk to you guys about what happened at the hospital"I say playing with my fingers nervously.They both say silent and wait for me to continue.

"Please don't tell Emma what happened we wanted to tell you ourselves,but i just broke down and couldn't hold my words in.I'm sorry"I say looking down waiting for their reaction. "Oh sweetie it's okay,your mum talked to me about what you said to her and i totally understand where your coming from"Her mum smiles.

"Mr.Miller,are you okay with me and Emma....you know?"I ask.

"Yeah i think you'll treat her well,i know she was going to have a boyfriend at some point in her life,but i'm glad it's you"He smiles. I blush and look away from them.

"But uh,yeah i just wanted to let you know that me and Emma will probably tell you soon about us being together and all,so please don't say things like 'We know' or 'Harry told us' because she wanted to tell you herself"

"Yeah we totally understand"He mum smiles "I'm happy for you two"She continues.I stand up from my seat and start walking out of the kitchen and back to Emma's room but her dad stops me.

"Have you told her that you loved her"He asked turning in his seat.Her mum doing the same.

"No"I say and look away embarrassed "Did you mean it?"Her mum asks taking a sip from her coffee.

"Of course.I've loved her for a long time,i don't know why i'm telling you this,but i just want you guys to know that i'm not going to play with her feelings and leave her like most guys do to girls at this age"I say.

Her mum smiles and says "I trust you with her"

"I do too,you seem like you really care about her"Her dad smiles.

-

"I talked to your parents and they let me stay here for a few nights so i could help you with whatever you need"I smile,lifting her sheets up and getting under them with her. She had changed into her pyjamas when i went downstairs,she was wearing one of my shirts that i probably left in her room and blue pajama pants.

She just smiled back and leaned her head to rest on my shoulder. "Tired?"I laugh putting my arms around her. "Mhm" She mumbled and hooked our forearms together.

"Go to sleep then Love"I smile and kiss the top of her head. "No,I want to watch Pretty Little Liars"She says and lets go of me to get her computer.

"Can you find the newest one?"She asks,obviously tired. "Are you sure you want to watch it now,you look like you're going to fall asleep"I laugh and press the newest episode of Pretty Little Liars.

"I'm not going to fall asleep"She says and moves her hand from my forearm to my hand.

The episode starts and Emma's trying to keep her eyes open but soon fails as she falls into deep sleep.

She only watched like 10 minutes of the episode,but i get it,she's tired after everything.She hasn't really slept very well over the past few days.She said the hospital bed hurt her back so she couldn't sleep very well.

I place the laptop back where it was then i turn her lamp off so the room is dark.I move her so she's in a comfortable position,trying as hard as i can to not hurt her left arm and leg.Then i lay down next to her and kiss her forehead.

"I know you're going through alot right now,but i promise you that i'm going to help you through everything"I say and kiss her forehead once more before closing my eyes and falling into deep sleep.