She'll Get Over It

I hurried to Justin's dorm at class, my mind reeling. I needed to tell him what had happened, to warn him. But as I approached his desk, I could see he was distracted, his eyes fixed on his phone with a mixture of concern and annoyance.

"Hey, Justin," I said, trying to sound calm.

He looked up, his expression apologetic. "Hey, Caroline. What's up?"

I took a deep breath and launched into the story, recounting Courtney's confrontation. "She knows, Justin. She knows we've been together."

Justin's expression turned guarded, his eyes darting around the room as if searching for an escape route.

"What did she say?" he asked, his voice low and cautious.

I relayed Courtney's angry words, her accusations of betrayal and deception - which for the most part, had been on point. Justin's face remained impassive, but his eyes betrayed a flicker of guilt.

"Justin, we need to talk about this," I said, trying to keep my voice down. "We need to figure out what to do."

But Justin just shrugged, his attention still divided. "We'll deal with it, Caroline. Don't worry about it."

I felt a surge of frustration. Wasn't he taking this seriously? Didn't he care that Courtney might be up to something?

"Justin, please focus," I said, trying to keep my tone even. "This is important. We can't just ignore it."

But he just nodded absently, his eyes flicking back to his phone. "Yeah, yeah, got it. Don't worry about Courtney. She'll get over it."

The dismissal stung. It was as if he was minimizing the situation. I felt a shiver run down my spine, a sense of unease that I couldn't shake.

I left the dorm feeling frustrated and hurt, wondering why Justin was acting so strangely. Why was he pushing me away?

As I walked away, I couldn't help but feel a growing sense of uncertainty. What was going on?