Overthinking

Sorry for the long wait and the crappy chapters but I'm hoping this one will be long enough to make up for how short the last one was.

💜B

______________________________________________

Caroline's P.O.V

I got into Courtney's car and Justin shut the door behind me before climbing into the backseat.

We drove in silence for awhile as I pondered the meaning behind Justin's sudden confession.

Could he have been joking?

No. Justin isn't the kind of guy to play with someone's feelings.

Which means he likes me.

He really, actually, unbelievably likes me.

And I like him.

I stopped before I could get ahead of myself.

Who am I kidding?

Justin and I could never have a fighting chance.

And I can't hurt Courtney like that.

I can't let my best friends boyfriend cheat on her with me.

I was deep in thought when Courtney waved her hand in front of my face.

'Hello? Earth to Caroline.'

'Huh? Oh sorry. Are we there?' I asked, still a little dazed.

'Almost. Care, are you okay? You look pale. Like, Edward Cullen pale.' Courtney sounded concerned.

Well, about as concerned as Courtney could ever sound.

So not much.

I smiled half-heartedly, 'Yeah, I'm okay. What about you? You look tired.'

And she did. Now that I was really looking at her, she looked exhausted.

Courtney never looks like that.

Not even after a 3 hour shopping spree and mani-pedi's.

'Really?' she asked,' I didn't get much sleep last night. I covered the shopping bags under my eyes with foundation. Earlier my mascara smudged and while I was wiping it, I got most of the foundation off too. I didn't have time to reapply.'

Was it my imagination or did she sound nervous?

' Court, we share a dorm remember? I couldn't sleep so I was hate-watching Twilight. You slept like a log.'

I left out the fact that I could see her perfectly applied mascara.

'Yeah, but it was restless sleep.'

Okay, now she sounded nervous and defensive.

I was probably overthinking this.

Yeah, that's what this is.

I don't wanna think about how Justin kissed me so I'm thinking too much into Courtney's words and actions.

' Okay, we're here,' Courtney sounded relieved now,'Thank the gods. I need a drink.'

She parked in between two parked cars at the curb, cut the engine and hopped out.

'Yeah, I could use a drink too.' I said, getting out and standing next to Courtney on the sidewalk.

When Justin got out and shut his door, Courtney locked the car and stuffed the keys in her back pocket.

Justin came between us and slung an arm around each of us.

He knew the routine.

Courtney and I put our heads on his shoulders as Courtney snapped a pic.

It was almost 8pm and the sun was setting. It gets really smoggy here in LA.

We walking into the house. The party was being hosted by a friend of ours. His name is Henry.

He used to go to Devro with us, but dropped out after the first year.

Little did I know that my life was about to get a whole lot more complicated.