Moving

Justin's P.O.V

'Babe. We have a slight...issue.' Courtney said, waltzing into my dorm without knocking.

Seriously?

Angela was trailing behind with both her's and Courtney's bags. With a small hand gesture from Courtney, Angela had set Courtney's bag down and vacated with her own.

'What is it?' I asked in a slightly bored tone which I'm assuming she picked up on as she narrows her eyes but thankfully doesn't say anything else.

'I might be leaving Devro.'

What.

I was not expecting that. My phone vibrated and the screen lit up.

You have 2 new messages from Caroline <3.

I turned my phone over so:
1) Courtney wouldn't see
2) Courtney wouldn't give me a hour long lecture about how I don't pay enough attention to her
3) I'll let you know when I think of Number 3. (I'm fairly sure it will have something to do with Courtney)

'What?' I ask simply.

'I know Justin. I know. You won't be able to live without me,' she put her hand over her heart and looked at me with a sympathetic expression,' I wouldn't be able to live without me too.'

Wow. I'm not sure that last part made sense but wow.

'I'm might -might, mind you- be moving to Ashley Hills College. I'm going to be staying there for the next week on a trial run.'

Really? I could have sworn Andrew said something last week about transferring to Ashley Hills because they had a better sports programmer that Devro.

Devro has the 2nd best sports programme in the state.

Ashley Hills has the 1st.

The team wasn't too happy that Andrew was going to be playing for our prime competitors.

It seems there's more to Courtney and Andrew than just a fling.

Courtney is still talking.

'Well, in any case I'll be back for the Valentine's Ball. We'll have to make sure out outfits don't clash. Toodles.'

And with that she was gone, her stiletto's clacking loudly against the polished, wooden floor.

Devro is hosting a Valentine's Ball for all the students as a fundraiser. Very formal shit. They do this every year.

As if they need more money. They get a fortune from one person's tuition.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I'm strapped for cash or anything. Like most people that go to Devro, my parents are rich.

I pick up my phone and open the messages from Caroline.

Caroline <3: Courtney's moving! To Ashley Hills! Just like Andrew!

Caroline <3: We get the whole of next week to ourselves! 💜

Hell, yeah.