Steal Him From Me

I scribbled notes furiously as our science teacher, Mrs. Patel, lectured on cellular biology. The complexities of mitosis and meiosis swirled in my head, but I was determined to not let me grades slip just because life was going great for me. 

As I glanced around the room, I noticed the usual mix of focused and distracted students. Some were typing away on their laptops, while others were doodling in their notebooks. 

Just as Mrs. Patel was about to wrap up the lesson, the door burst open and Courtney strode in, her blonde hair gleaming in the fluorescent light. Her piercing blue eyes scanned the room, locking onto me with a fierce intensity.

"Caroline," she spat, her voice dripping with venom. "We need to talk."

The classroom fell silent, all eyes fixed on the confrontation unfolding before them. I felt a shiver run down my spine as Courtney marched towards me, her designer heels clicking on the floor.

"Mrs. Patel, may I have a word with Caroline?" Courtney asked, her tone sugary sweet, but laced with malice.

Mrs. Patel hesitated, then nodded. "Caroline, please step outside for a moment."

My heart racing, I gathered my belongings and followed Courtney out into the hallway, the door closing behind us with a soft click. We faced off, our eyes locked in a silent challenge.

"You think you can just steal him from me?" Courtney sneered, her voice low and menacing.

I took a deep breath, bracing myself for the storm that was about to unleash.