Not Taken

'Hi!' Henry greeted us with a smile so wide that my cheeks hurt.

'Hey man.' I said, giving him a high-five.

'Courtney,' he greeted,'Bueatiful as always.'

'I know, Henry.' she responded, giving him an unimpressed look.

'Care!' Henry shouted enthusiastically.

Caroline winced at how loud he shouted and then grinned and gave him a hug.

'Okay, people,' Courtney,'Enough touchy-touchy Time. As before mentioned - I need a drink.'

'Okay, let's go,' I said. Courtney could be a bit...demanding,'Bye man.'

'Yeah...see ya later dude.' Henry was kinda distracted by the drunk brunette trailing her fingertips down his arm.

Apparently he wasn't too busy to wink at Caroline.

And for some reason that annoyed me to no end.

We made our way to the kitchen. Henry had a huge house.

We were halfway there when Courtney pulled Caroline to a nearby loveseat.

'Justin,' Courtney started and I knew what was coming next,' Please go get our drinks. I need to talk to Care.'

'Sure.' I said, a little annoyed.

'Thanks Justin.' Caroline said.

Thanks? Courtney never said thanks - unless she was sweet-talking teachers to avoid detention.

It sounds ridiculous I know. We're in college and we still have detention.

The kitchen counter was littered with empty beer bottles, solo cups, crates of alcohol and a girl making out with a guy I recognized as Jimmy Censor.

I took the strongest drink I could find and filled three cups.

When I went back out to the least crowded of Henry's four living rooms, Courtney was nowhere to be seen. Caroline was still sitting on the loveseat but she looked like she was in shock.

'Hey. You okay?' I asked, but my voice was drowned out by the blaring music.

'Care!' I basically screamed.

She looked up and her green eyes zeroed in on the drinks in my hands.

She took one and downed it in one gulp, wincing slightly.

'Where's Courtney?' I screamed.

'Dancing.' she shouted back, pointing to the crowd of drunk people swaying and screaming to the song playing.

I downed my drink and was halfway through Courtney's when Caroline took it from me and gulped it down.

. . . . . . .

Six drinks later, Caroline and I were making out in an upstairs bedroom.

'Justin,' she gasped between kisses,'We really...shouldn't...be...doing this.'

She didn't say anything else for a few more minutes as we got a bit...distracted.

Then she pushed me off her.

''