Chapter 37: Peace and Benevolence

"So, you think that an invasion is imminent?"

"Yes, I think we should prepare, at least."

Dallel was talking with me. As someone who knew the truth of my nature, he was someone I could talk to.

"Why do you think that Wrath will make a move so soon?"

"Because that's what I would do. If I thought I had an absolute chance of winning, I would make an early move. Frankly I think that their biggest concern is Sloth, but they would think she would sit around and take whatever happens."

"So, they wouldn't be prepared to deal with her."

"No, they wouldn't, but even with her, we will need a force to back her up."

Then Sloth spoke.

"Frankly, they will be expecting us to maintain the merger, they'd never expect us to separate, especially in the middle of battle. But Rose is right, we need to have a backup force."

I could speak again.

"So, should we reach out to my brother?"

"No, he's petrified by the idea of you becoming evil, he wouldn't want to be anywhere near a battle involving most if not all shards."

"Fair."

We thought for a while.

"Maybe I should use the demonic legion that swore loyalty to me, then you guys can back us up."

"But how would I justify mobilization."

"Say that you heard murmurs of a plan to invade and are being cautious."

"That would work."

"But we still will need powerful weapons."

"What do you mean?"

"Wrath is in a valkyrie body. She will have a massive army of evil, not to mention the cults that serve those who will help her."

"I see, so how do we get enough to deal with a massive evil army."

"I believe we could help with that."

Two women stepped in and Dallel looked shocked that they broke through the silence bubble.

"Who are you?!"

I stood up. I knew those two.

"Hello Innocence."

The white robes fluttered in the air and Dallel realized the identity of the duo standing before us.

"Hello Benevolence, Peace."

_

"HA, you really made a big mess!"

"So, I was right to expect an invasion."

"Yep, Wrath was furious, she even reached out to me to help her. Can you imagine it? Wrath, so desperate to destroy you that she reached out to me. Ha ha ha!"

Benevolence was laughing hard. We gave the duo chairs, and I bought them drinks, which Zath delivered with too much pleasure.

Peace was seemingly tired.

"I'm only here, because I know that if I don't help, the war will spiral out of control. There are four factions after all."

"F-four?"

Dallel was understandably terrified, he was at the table with three beings that could rip him to shreds in an instant.

"Yes, elf, four. Ours, Wrath's, Gluttony's, and Envy's pity party."