Chapter 15: The Dragon of Life

I flew for 13 hours straight, the border of the nation was close, so I turned to my catkin form and began using a lot of healing spells on Thalia.

I could almost guarantee that they would spread word, meaning that this nation wasn't safe anymore for neither me nor Thalia.

"Rose?"

"Yes, Thalia?"

"Thank you for killing him."

"No problem."

"Rose?"

"Yes?"

"Why don't I feel anger? I know they killed my children in cold blood, but I can't help but feel sorry for them."

"They did it out of fear of our kind, you understand that as well. The only, in my opinion, that we should've held anger against was Galswell."

"I see."

Her injuries were bad, but manageable. The curse wore off on the 5th hour, so I was in near perfect condition.

"Where are we?"

"The border of Calesen."

"Why are we here?"

"Because I heard that one of our siblings is its ruler."

"That's a good reason."

"Rest, I will carry you, we'll get in easier if you remain in elf form, so please hide your presence."

"I will."

I picked up Thalia and we began moving forward, as we approached the border, some elves looked at me with suspicion until they saw Thalia.

"Please, help her, she's in bad condition."

Thalia needed healing magic, she would live either way, but without healing magic, it would take a long time to get better. My mana was nearly depleted from keeping myself in the skies with my broken wing.

"You don't look too good yourself, come with us."

The guards led us to the border village and called a healer. I saw Thalia being healed and realized that we were safe.

Oh... I guess my injuries were worse than.... I...... thought...

"Kid!"

_

As I woke up, I heard elven voices of awe.

"The king is here? Why?"

"Move, I need to see if I am correct."

I saw a handsome elven warrior wearing a crown. Of course, it wasn't an elf.

"Hello, Sister."

"Sister? Could she be..."

Upon the king's nod, the elves looked at me in awe.

"Is Thalia okay?"

"Our sister is still resting, though it is surprising that she was named."

"That elf is another dragon? Incredible."

"Sister, who did this to you?"

"Won't tell."

"What?"

He was confused.

"But they hurt you!"

"Yeah, but they were scared."

"And? That was a high-grade curse. It was fully meant to kill you."

"They regretted it."

"So, you killed them?"