Chapter 6: The Dragonslayer

Saliad POV

So, that was Rose? Most didn't see, not even Galswell noticed, but I could tell from the mastery. That was a dragon that just defeated my associate. Even though Mammon clearly didn't know, he was right on the mark. That was the same arcane dragon that destroyed the exit to the cave, and nearly buried my party alive.

This dragon looked so young, but I knew it was my age. Meaning, it had likely surpassed me by now.

I needed to meet the dragon, but first, I needed to get through the tournament. That level of a fight was exactly what I needed to feel complete.

"Saliad?"

A man, the captain of the guard, stood before me.

"Yes?"

"You look very excited."

"Well, I just saw someone that may be troublesome in this tournament. I am eager to fight them."

I pulled out my roster and saw that she was on the opposite side of me.

"Crap, we won't face each other until the finals."

"Are you referring to Rose?"

"Yes, how did you know?"

"Because that's the same exact way she designated you."

"Hah, the strong think similarly. How long has she been an adventurer."

"A few days now. This is actually her first event as one, but because of her sheer strength, they put her in C."

"Incredible, I must fight this person."

"Sir, when you fight her, what exactly do you plan to do?"

"I've met her before, and I will do the same as she will."

Jalad looked shocked at the notion we'd met.

"And what is that?"

I smiled in a way that made him shiver.

"See who's still breathing at the end."

_

"Well, Kitten, that was rather interesting."

Dallel and Jalad took me out to celebrate me and Dallel's victory in the first round.

"How so?"

"Divine Destruction is a spell that deals over 10 million damage. Even a dragon would've barely have survived, so how did you."

"Life foundation."

"What?"

"While normally it wouldn't survive, I infused it deep within my psyche. It basically protected the minimum I needed to live."

Life foundation is a skill that creates a small barrier, and dragons can regenerate from a single cell as long as we have at least 1 hp.

"So, you guarded your viscera alone."

"Yep, as long as I had that, I could stay alive."

"Your magic knowledge may best even Galswell then. Very few would even think of that. Who taught you?"

"I did experiments with my siblings."

"I see, are all of them as strong as you?"

"No, most are weaker. Only one is stronger than me. At least he was when we last met."

"What's his name?"

"Ravi. He is easily S rank. He could beat our father who was also insanely strong."