Chapter 12: A Draconic Revelation

Galswell POV

Rose was back fast, I know she had tricks up her sleeve, but teleportation magic was still unexpected.

"My king, what is it that you need?"

"As you know, Rose has returned."

"Yes sir."

"She subjugated a fire dragon that made it's nest in the dungeon."

"She did?"

This was shocking. Even Saliad would struggle to beat a dragon head on, and she beat it in less than 4 days.

"Why did you call me?"

"Well, she couldn't harvest anything from the dragon, so I want you to go and see what you can gather from the dragon."

"Alright, when shall I go?"

"As soon as you can. I want to be able to give her some of the materials when she meets with me."

"Understood."

I teleported to the dungeon entrance and flashed my pass.

"I'm on official business from the king to dismantle the boss."

"Yes, Sir Galswell."

I walked into the cave and noticed the sheer number of monsters. I had to fight them all.

I noticed skeletons of some orcs and goblins, next to them were ogre skeletons.

"Licked clean. Did she eat them? What kind of powerhouse is she?"

I walked further down, and when I got to the door, I felt a massive presence behind it.

"Could the mythic have already been replaced by another?"

I opened the door to find an elven woman. She was eating a goblin's leg sitting on her throne.

I recognized her presence immediately. A dragon.

"A dragon came to replace their sibling?"

"Who are you?"

"My name is Galswell, I came to dismantle the previous boss who was killed yesterday."

"Mine is Thalia, I recognize you and I know you are aware of what I am."

Negotiations wouldn't work. So, I had to trick it. I realized something was wrong. There were no dragon corpses. Rose had lied, she never killed the boss. That could only mean one thing.

"You can leave now as long as you never mention me."

"Is Rose a dragon too?"

She froze, dropping the goblin leg before judging me with a new look of fear.

"Y-you can still leave as long as you don't reveal anything you learned here. Just say the boss was little more than dust when you showed up, please."

The beast was concerned for her sister. Cute. I wasn't leaving, especially since there were eggs in the back of the hall.

"I'm w-warning you..."

Her confidence diminished as my aura glowed.

"Hey, get away. Stay away!"

_

"A shame indeed."

"To think that that is why she was so strong."

"A dragon killed the dragon slayer, it's almost poetic."

"I will set up a trap, the beast will die."

"This one will be used to draw out its nature."