Chapter 31: The Tired Reaction

Mammon POV

Today is odd, Rose seemed a lot less considerate today, she also seemed lazy. Why was she so tired?

The oddest thing was that Zath seemed to be so happy. I couldn't hear his conversation with Royce, but the fact of the matter is that he seemed super excited about something, and that nasty look that he gave to the door made my skin crawl.

"Something is up with Rose."

"Agreed."

Asura was next to me, reading the report.

"Demons don't just swear loyalty to someone for a favor, they try to get out of it as quickly as possible."

"Plus, the party members said that she could sense a wrongness that even they didn't sense."

Asura turned to me.

"Why is that odd? Dragons are very perceptive."

"The youngest one that would be overlooked, even by a dragon, is a spirit mage. He said that his spirits never once panicked and seemed as confused as he was by what she was saying. The only time they felt something was wrong was when they noticed the demons acting overly friendly."

"And why would the baron just cower?"

"That's another oddity. Barons have battled dragons before. He may have sensed that she was way stronger, but he seemed almost apologetic and guilty before being sliced in two. That's what Rhedon said."

"That is odd indeed."

_

Rhedon POV

Alright, I am concerned about this. Rose was a beast in there. She was strong, but those demons acted oddly. You could excuse it as they just wanted their summoner gone, but they acted odd even for that, and what was with that swearing loyalty. And that slug. Callel was so certain that it was the ultimate weapon, but it died with a tap. Is Rose just that strong or did something strange happen.

That wrongness as well. She said she felt something was wrong before we even stepped foot in the dungeon. Yet, it was only after she beat that 'ultimate weapon' before all of my danger sense skills went off.

"Darthen, I don't trust her."

"You don't? I'd expect you too, since you disobeyed my orders and let her live."

"That's not what I mean. Something happened there, and she acted as confused as us, but I have a feeling she knew exactly why the odd things happened."

"What are you saying? That she was in cahoots with Callel?"

"No, I'm saying that for some reason the demons love her. They seemed to fawn over her and pretty much worship her."

"I knew something was odd about her. She just hates me for some reason as well. It's definitely suspicious."

"To be fair, Sir. She has full reason to despise you. You tried stripping her in the middle of the guild."

"Um..."

"I'm pretty sure Mammon sent a letter to say that the guard of the Selethon capital would kill you on sight."

"He did?"

"Yep. Apparently both the captain and the vice-captain are her close friends, and they said to kill you on sight."

"Well, guess I'm never going there."

"Good idea, Lolimaster."

He glared at me.

"Don't call me that."

"I'm pretty sure the whole kingdom has started calling you that."

The Lolimaster sighed deeply.

"She is over 100 years old."

"Still looks 10."

"Her face doesn't, just her height."

"Eh, still looks wrong if you just do that."

"Besides she made me lose a lot of money. I have a right to hate her too."

"Eh, your money was in slaves. She was against slavery."

"I guess."

_

"Men, what do you think?"

"Well, we need to head to Selethon anyways for you to do the dungeon."

I had decided to visit the capital to meet with Rose. The seven others that were on the dungeon raid joined my party. I was more shocked however, to learn that the young boy who stood up for Rose first, was an S ranker.

"So, why do you want to be in my party?"

"Because there is something odd. Rose could sense something that even my spirits couldn't. I think that there's more to her than meets the eye. My spirits only began to move after she defeated that slug."

"Then they stagnated after it stopped twitching?"

"Yes... how did you know?"

"Because my danger sense did the exact same thing."