Chapter 28: Journey to the Dungeon

"So, you are here to help?"

"Yes."

"Then why break our economy."

"Because it's evil. That is my job."

He growled for a moment before returning to the task at hand.

"There have been sightings of lesser demons along with goblins and we think that a group of them will cause mayhem to the city."

"You have A rankers here, send them."

"We have, only 3 returned."

"How many did you send?"

"10."

"So, you think that there may be a greater demon."

"Yes."

"Tell you what. I don't need the money for completing this, if you free whatever slaves you own."

"You-"

He breathed in deeply. Even he knew that he needed me.

"Fine, if you succeed and deal with the ringleader, I will free my slaves."

"Thank you, lolimaster."

"Don't call me that."

I left without being dismissed. He was confident that I wouldn't hurt him, but he knew that he couldn't exactly get me in trouble for melting his gear. After all, that would expose his deeds as well.

I went out and saw a group of adventurers.

"We were assigned to help you. Guildmaster insisted."

A lie. The only word about that was help. Likely the lolimaster wants me to die but is too cowardly to attempt it himself. These guys all were A quality, and one was even S quality.

We began to move out and the adventurers followed behind me.

"Alright, we are far enough now."

"For what?"

"Get on my back."

"Huh?"

I shifted into a dragon causing some of them to scream.

"Get on my back, we can get to the valley much quicker that way."

The S level did it first, but he had a smirk. Maybe he thought that he could kill me while on my back.

The others slowly got on and then I took off. The air pressure caused some of them to scream, but when we reached cruising altitude I evened out. They were shakened but looked over and I heard a gasp from the youngest one. Not fear, but awe.

"And now you see what we see."

"Incredible."

They were shocked to see the expanse of the world below them. Even the S level was in awe. None of them had seen the world from this perspective. In their mind, it was unbelievable.

_

We reached the town that we were heading to an hour after we set out. I landed on the field next to it and shifted. We were supposed to meet with the guildmaster here and he would send us to where the evil beings were.

But having a dragon land near the gate caused massive panic. When I became my catkin form their panic lessened, but a spear was still thrown... and broken by my chestplate.

"Relax, we need to meet with the guildmaster."

"Are those the A ranks who failed us before?"

"Hah, how dare those fools come back."