𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

Cleona Hadley

"You sure you got everything?" Cleo's mom asked watching her get out of the car. Cleo's anxiety was on ten.

"Yeah, I'm good. You could go now Mom" Her mom looked her up and down

"Alright, I'll see you later. Don't let none of them teachers call me"

"That was only one time" Cleo sucked her teeth at the fact she brought that back up again.

Gunner was supposed to pull up to get her in the next few minutes. They agreed earlier today that she would walk to the back of the school where no one usually was to meet. She was nervous as hell though that she'd get caught by someone.

"Alright now" Her mom drove off and when she couldn't see her car anymore, she began her walk to the back of the school.

Neither Aubree nor Samir knew she wouldn't be there today, but that was something else she'd have to lie about later.

nett

im here

come to the back

im going

scared as fuck my mom bends the corner and sees me though

then hurrry up

she alr left right?

to my knowledge
Delivered

She put her hood on her head and sped walked back there. Her calves burned in the process but she didn't care, as long as she got back there before someone saw her.

She could easily find his car because he was the only one on the street playing loud music, Cleo just shook her head and jumped in the car.

"Good morning" He smiled over at her, wasting no time speeding off after she closed her door.

"Smoking at eight-thirty in the AM is insane"

"No, what's insane is you posting Samir on your story" He lowered the music and glanced over at her. She just looked around trying to play dumb.

"What you mean?"

"You know what I mean"

"Why do you care?" Cleo questioned, still not understanding why he was always speaking on what she and Samir had going on, it wasn't his business.

"I don't, I just think it's crazy" She didn't answer because she didn't want to be having this conversation with him, they weren't even together yet anyways.

"Are you still single though?"

"I'm not single, but I'm also not a girlfriend yet either. If I was though, I wouldn't be in this car with you right now"

"Oh for real?" He glanced over at her with a small smirk on his face.

"Who do you think I am? A hoe? Even if me and you were just friends I still wouldn't be hanging with you if I wasn't single"

"Wow, so you don't think we're friends yet? After all the time we spent together?" You could tell he was being sarcastic but serious at the same time.