𝐓𝐞𝐧

Cleona Hadley

"Make sure I'm home by ten thirty, I never snuck out before, my mom would lose her shit"

"Calm down damn, I'll have you home" He opened the door to the entrance of the studio, Cleo following slowly behind him.

Cleo wasn't nervous but she didn't know if she fully trusted him yet, and the adrenaline rush from sneaking out was driving her crazy. All she could think of was the different ways her mom would yell at her if she found out.

"Wassup Nett" Some guy he knew approached him and dapped him up.

He was the only other guy here besides these four other girls sitting on the couches looking at Cleo.

"Who are these girls?" Gunner asked him before taking a seat on one of the couches

"I'm talking to that one right there, but she asked to bring her friends so I said they could come too. But who's that?" Dre looked Cleo up and down with a slight mug, so she did the same.

"Cleona, she's my friend"

"Good to know you guys are just friends. You don't need any distractions, your career is starting to go up, and as your manager, I gotta make sure we stay focused"

"Yeah yeah I know you tell me every day- C'mere" Gunner said looking up at Cleo and patting the empty spot on the couch next to him.

She hesitantly walked over and sat down crossing her legs. The way everyone was looking at her was intimidating, she didn't know what to expect or what she did wrong.

"Order your food, I already got my card on there," He said looking over at her, handing his unlocked phone

"I already rolled this for you, I been in here for a minute and listened to some beats that were sent. Let me know if you wanna hop on any cause the producer's gonna be here in a minute"

Dre handed him a blunt and a lighter. Gunner quickly took the blunt out of his hand and lit it up, the three other girls in there watched him

Cleo mentally rolled her eyes, this Dre guy obviously let these girls come here just for Gunner.

But she just ignored them and went on to order her Chick-fil-A.

And she didn't care cause he wasn't about to convince her to sneak out just to eat pizza that she didn't even like.

"Why you so far?" He smiled and blew the smoke out of his mouth before putting his arm around her neck.

There was a part of her that wanted to tell him to move but then she also didn't mind it. As long as he didn't do nothing else.

"Here" Cleo handed his phone back after sharing the order with her phone.

"Whatchu ordered?"

"Chik Fil A"

"Yuck" He shook his head and hit his bunt again in disappointment

"Chik fil A good as fuck you're tripping. It's better than fucking pizza"

"I'd rather eat burger king and that shit's ass- Oh wait I like this beat right here " He stood up and went over to Dre, Cleo just looked back down at her phone to distract herself.

If he was going to be making music the whole time and the only company she had was these bitches she already knew this would be boring.

"How long have you known Gunner for?" One of the girls asked. She was white with blonde-dyed hair

"A week," Cleo said looking up from her phone and then back down at it

"Damn, only a week? I've known him for some months now, since his career started"

That's funny cause he hasn't said a thing to you since he's been here.

"Cute" Cleo fake smiled at her and then looked back at her phone. This girl was trying to get some type of reaction out of her.

"How old are you?"

Why is this bitch still talking to me?

"Seventeen" Cleo replied

"Oh, I'm eighteen" Cleo looked at her sideways.

"Oh okay..."

"Where'd you guys meet?" The girl asked tucking her hair behind her ear.

"He messaged me on instgram..."

"Oh okay, just wanted to know"

Weirdo.

___

Time went on and when her food got here she just ate it and tried to relax but it was kind of hard when these mad bitches were in here mugging her. She didn't have much time to talk to Gunner since he was recording, she guessed he just wanted her company here.

She and Samir were texting back and forth the whole time though. As far as Samir knows, she was at home watching a movie.

She was starting to feel even worse about lying to him, but they weren't even together so she wasn't doing anything wrong right?

"I gotta go, I need to have her home by ten thirty" Cleo sighed in relief gathering her stuff. She was so ready to get home

"Leave already? You don't want to finish this song first?" Dre said in confusion

"Nah I gotta go, I could finish it next session. We could come back another day next week or something"

"But we're almost done, she could wait"

"No I can't wait, I need to get home he said he'll be back" Dre looked her up and down and ignored her.

"This what I mean, distractions. The session doesn't end until eleven, we got another hour"

Why is everyone around him so fucking weird?

"Then buy more time and I'll come back afterward, I been told her I'll have her home"

"Whatever, I don't care. We'll just finish it another day this week"

Cleo took it upon herself to walk out first, she hated how everyone around him hated her. But she couldn't say anything because she wasn't supposed to be fucking with him anyway.

He began to drive, she was happy because her mom didn't contact her and she had some time to spare.

"My bad Dre gets mad when I do anything besides make music,"

"Why everyone around you doesn't like me? Some girl in there was mad the whole time"

"Which one?" He asked

"The blonde one"

"Oh shit that's Gianna, I used to fuck with her"

"Cause she couldn't stop talking about how good she knows you, like girl I don't care" He chuckled and didn't respond, Cleo just decided to drop it.

Suddenly he looked over at her as they approached a red light. His eyes were red because he was obviously high. The whole mood changed, she was starting to get uncomfortable.

"Why are you looking at me?" Cleo said looking side to side

"You're so pretty bro" He boldly stated, catching her off guard

"You're just high, stop talking to me and get me home" She shook her head and went back to looking at her phone, not believing what he just said, especially since he was high.

"You are though, I be stalking your page and shit when you don't answer my texts"

"I'm not surprised cause you're creepy like that" He shook his head and looked away

"My bad, I'm just talking, I'm high as fuck" He laughed

"Yeah I know"