𝐓𝐰𝐨

Cleona Hadley

"Have you seen him before? I feel like he's new or something" Cleona questioned glaring at the blonde boy from yesterday across the schoolyard. She didn't know why but the way everyone was dickriding him was making her irritated.

"No, he's not he's been here for like two months now. I have him in two classes. He barely be showing up though" Aubree replied taking a chip out of her Doritos bag

"Why are all the guys here around him though? Does he play football or something?"

"Nah he doesn't, everyone's just been around him like that I don't know why. They're probably just happy to have a new boy here" Aubree added

Cleo looked him up and down, he was wearing all black with some type of expensive shoes. She wasn't big on brands so she didn't know.

"He wanna be mysterious so bad like..." She mumbled to herself shaking her head.

"Yeah, it is weird though how everyone just on him all of a sudden," Aubree said crumbling up her now empty chip bag.

These two girls that were sitting next to each other were looking at him too, but the way they were smiling and giggling with each other you could tell they had a crush on him or something.

"What class do you got now though?" The bell rang and they both stood up throwing their bags on their back

Cleona's next class was her government but she didn't want to go especially since she failed the test they took yesterday, but she needed to at least do a retake.

"My Government class"

"I got English but text me after school so we can walk to McDonald's"

"Bet"

___

"Cleona come here, please. I think you know why" Mr. Brown her Government teacher stated standing up from his seat.

As if she wasn't already worried he'd do this, she hesitantly stood up following the teacher outside his door. Her arms folded on her chest

"You weren't the only one who failed this test now, but I don't want to put in a failing grade so I do want you to study and retake it next class-"

He stopped talking when he noticed three staff members were walking down the hallway with no other than this guy she kept seeing. Cleo chuckled to herself at the fact he got in trouble. Probably was doing some dumb shit too.

"Wait is that Gunner? He's in my first period and hasn't been to my class in weeks"

Mr. Brown spoke out loud enough for almost the whole hallway to hear, Cleo was happy his attention finally wasn't on her, even though the conversation was going well.

"Yeah, this is Gunner. We're taking him to the office. He and some other boys were smoking weed behind the school and thought it would be funny to try and jump the fence when they got caught" One of the staff members replied

That ugly ass name.

"You need to come to class man, ditching and all that other stuff isn't worth it," Mr. Brown told him but 'Gunner' didn't say anything back, he just looked high and annoyed.

The staff sighed and they all continued their walk to the office.

"But back to you... Just study and next class I'll give you that re-take. The test isn't that complicated and I'll give you full points for every question you get right. I just want you to pass"

"Okay, I could do that" She was happy he was cutting her some slack though, unlike Mrs. Barlowe who still hadn't even graded the assignment probably because it was two hours 'late'.

"Good, now take this to the office since we're already outside"

Cleo didn't hesitate to take the attendance paper out of his hand and make her way down. She didn't mind because she'd take the long way and waste class time.

When she got there, Gunner was sitting there waiting to talk to the principal. His hoodie was over his head and his hands were in his pockets.

His eyes locked with Cleo's and then slowly scanned her up and down before looking away. She just mugged him and set the paper on the office desk in front of the office lady.

"Mr. Brown just wanted me to drop the attendance off"

___

"Why is this dude everywhere bro?"

It was after school and Cleo was waiting outside for Aubree, but knowing her she was looking for her man to tell him bye and whatever else.

But of course, out of all days, Gunner was also standing in the front of the school, and they were the only two out there. His annoying friends weren't around this time.

bree <3

Where you at?
Delivered 3:49 pm

"If she's not here in 5 minutes I'm calling an Uber" She stuffed her phone in her pocket, leaned her back against the gate, and folded her arms. On top of everything else, she was hungry and did want some McDonald's.

Out of her peripheral, she could see Gunner walking towards her. She wasn't expecting him to say anything to her so she just avoided eye contact until he was literally right in front of her.

"You got a lighter. I'm tryna smoke this" He pulled a rolled blunt out of his pocket. Cleo just squinted her eyes at him "I'll let you hit it if you got one"

"I don't smoke. Go ask someone who looks  like they do"

Fucking smoker fiend. Acting like he didn't get in trouble for this earlier

"So you don't got a lighter?" He asked one more time. Cleo just looked at him like he was stupid.

"If I don't smoke why would I have a lighter?"

"I don't know maybe for a friend or sumn- Alright, my bad" His face fell into a frown and he walked back to where he was before. This time you could feel the animosity around them.

He was being nice but she didn't trust it, just like she didn't trust any of the other guys here.

"My bad sis Josiah wouldn't shut the fuck up about his game tomorrow" Aubree shouted running over to her. Cleo wasn't even mad at her anymore

"It's alright, let's just go I'm hungry as fuck"