Chapter 26 - Girl Meets the Tell-Tale-Tot

3rd Person POV:

"Hey guys." Maya says walking into the Matthews apartment. "We got like a minute before they walk through the door."

"Who's coming through the door, Maya?" Riley asks

"Ryan and your Uncle Boing."

"Oh, Maya, you've got to get off of this. He's happy with Ryan." Riley says

"I am off it. I'm not interested in Josh anymore. I think I've been liking someone else. Now I just call him Boing because it bugs him." Maya says smiling.

"Who is it?" Riley asks excited

"Nope. Not telling."

"Why?" Riley whines.

"I'm trying to figure it out more before I do." Maya says and the door opens

"Hey, family." Josh walks in the door, letting Ryan in before closing it. 

"Hiya, Matthews, Art Warrior." Ryan says as her and Josh throw their bags onto the couch.

"Hey." Maya says normally.

"My brother." Josh says point to Cory

"My brother." Cory points back. Josh grabs Ryan's hand in his and walks with her to the kitchen table.

"I came up here because I wanted to do this in front of all of you. I hold in my hand an envelope from New York university. What's in this envelope tells me where I'm gonna be for the next four years." Josh said holding up the yellow envelope.

"Good luck, Josh." Riley and Maya say

"Looks like Maya finally got over me." Josh says looking at Ryan.

"Yeah. She's interested in someone else now." Ryan says with a smirk knowing exactly who it is. And that he likes her too.

"So where are you going to be Uncle Josh?" Auggie asks

"Open it." The rest encourage. Ryan drops Josh's hand so he can open the letter.

Josh looks at the envelope nervously and Maya rolls her eyes and grabs the envelope. "Hey!" Josh says and reaches for the letter.

Maya walks around the table as she fakly reads "Dear applicant Boing." 

"It doesn't say that." Josh exclaims.

"Blah, blah, blah... We regret to inform you that..." Maya read and Josh's face drops in disappointment. Ryan grabs his hand.

"Regret to inform me?" He asks

Maya then gives a huge smile, "We regret to inform you that you will be spending the next four years in New York with Ryan!" 

"I got in? I got in!" Josh smiles widely in celebration, picking up Ryan in a huge hug.

"Yay!" the family cheers. and joins in the hug. 

"You got in!" Ryan says happily, "I'm so proud of you."

"Thank you, Butterfly." Josh says

"Congratulations, buddy. I'm so proud of you." Cory says to Josh

"It means a lot, Cory." Josh replies

"Congrats, Josh. But Riley and I have our own educations to attend. Coming with us, Ryan?" Maya says

"Thanks but Josh is dropping me off." Ryan replies

"This is so great. And my buddy who goes there invited me and Ryan to his dorm tonight to meet some college friends if I got in." Josh says.

"Ohh. Are we stopping?" Riley asks Maya.