Chapter 7 - Girl Meets Maya's Mother

Ryan's POV:

As promised, once I got home from Philly, I texted Josh and called grandpa to let them know. I walked into the door calling for my mom before noticing a note on the counter in the kitchen.

Had to go into work. Text me when you see this. Love you -Mom

I sighed pulling my phone out and letting her know I got home. I love my mom, but I wish we could spend more time together. I go upstairs and unpack. Then I decided to text Lucas and Brandon to see if they wanted to meet up tomorrow, since tomorrow is Sunday and we don't have school. After making plans to meet up with them the next day, I make some food for dinner and video call Josh before going to bed.

 After making plans to meet up with them the next day, I make some food for dinner and video call Josh before going to bed

3rd Person POV: 

Ryan walks into Svorski's while texting Josh.

"Hey Trouble. What's with the big smile on your face?" Brandon asks while walking up and hugging her. Lucas following behind him.

"Am I not allowed to smile?" Ryan responds while giving Lucas a hug.

"You're allowed to smile. We just never see a smile on your face like that." Lucas says while pointing to Ryan's face. 

"So spill." Brandon says as Ryan walk away from him to order a drink, the boys following. 

"I have nothing to spill." Ryan says right before her phone goes off with a text from Josh.

Have fun with your friends. I'll call you tonight beautiful :)

As Ryan read it, the same smile the boys saw earlier reappeared. Lucas and Brandon look at each other before turning back to Ryan.

"Who is it, Shutterfly?"

"I don't know what you mean." Ryan asks innocently.

"Yes you do. Who is it that is texting you causing you to smile that way?" Lucas asks.

"Yeah we've seen your normal smile. But this one is different." Brandon says.

They go and sit down in a booth. "Alright, I'll tell you. His name is Josh. We met in Philly while I was helping my grandpa and" Ryan says before mumbling the next part "he is my boyfriend."

Lucas and Brandon look confused not hearing the last part "What was that last part?"

Ryan takes a breath before saying again, clearly this time, "Josh is my boyfriend."

Lucas and Brandon just stare shocked with their mouths open. They snap out of it when Ryan snaps her fingers in front of their faces.

"Boyfriend?!" They both exclaim before Brandon continues "My best friend has a boyfriend? Who is this guy?"

"His name is Josh. He lives next door to my grandpa. He's 16."

"16? You're dating a 16-year-old?" Lucas says