Chapter 16 - Girl Meets Game Night

3rd Person POV:

Ryan was at her apartment when there was a knock on the door. She went and opened it then was suddenly tackled by Auggie.

"RyRy!" Auggie says excitedly.

"Hey little man." She says hugging him back before looking up as Josh, "Hey handsome."

"My beautiful butterfly," Josh replies and gives her a kiss. 

"We are going to Matthews family game night. We want you to come." Auggie says excitedly.

"I would love to but I'm not a Matthews."

"You'll be one one day. Besides I know Cory considers you part of the family since Shawn is your dad." Josh says

"Please come RyRy." Auggie begs using puppy dog eyes.

"Yeah please come RyRy." Josh says imitating Auggie down to the puppy eyes.

She sighs, "Alright I'll come. But I'm blaming you if Baboon gets mad I'm there."

"Great. Lets go!" Auggie said grabbing her hand and pulling her out. 

"Hold on Augs. I need to grab my jacket and lock the door." Ryan says. Josh already grabbed her jacket and her keys from the hook.

Josh was already locking the door when Auggie released Ryan. 

"I locked the door, butterfly. Here's your jacket." Josh says and helps her into her leather jacket before handing her her keys.

"Thank you." She tells him before turning to Auggie and holding out her hand, "Alright I am ready to go."

"Yay!" Auggie says before gripping her hand with both of his and pulling her out of the building.

Ryan's POV:

We arrive at the Matthews apartment and walk in the door.

"Family game night, now with extra family." Auggie says

"They came to my apartment and kidnapped me." I say

Maya grinned widely at Josh and twirled a strand of her hair. "Well, hello."

"Well, hello." Auggie mocked her, which made her smile fall

"Auggie didn't want to miss game night. We never made it out of the city. Then insisted we bring Ryan." Josh said with me next to him and Auggie leaning against us.

"Oh it was just Auggie?" I asked him teasingly

"Nope I wanted you here too." he says to me with a bright smile and a wink.

 "Oh, here's your money." Josh says to his brother, walking over and handing him a dollar.

"Hey, this is a dollar. I gave you a hundred." Mr. Matthews says