Ch 20

*Jason's Pov*

Octavian. That name rung in my ears all night. I can't believe I helped him before. He's sick and twisted. He did some horrible things. Why did he have to come this week. This weekend is prom. The one time I get to experience this with Leo, he has to come. This Saturday me and Leo get to experience probably our best nights in our life. Octavian has to ruin it. Tomorrow is prom. I wanted to pinch him in the face so hard.

"What are you still doing up?" Thalia asked in my doorway.

"Nothing Thals, I just can't sleep." I admitted. Wasn't the total truth.

"Is it because of Octavian?" She asked.

"Thalia," I started. "You know I don't like him. He is evil. He hurt Reyna and Percy. And I just stood there dumbfounded. I was paralyzed, I couldn't move. Octavian has done some sick things. And you know what he did." My voice cracked at the end. Thalia stayed quiet and left the room shutting the door. Hot tears ran down my cheek at the memory.

Flashback

I was 13 playing with Percy and Reyna. Reyna and Percy told me to stay put while they went to get ice-cream. But I was a mischievous child so I ran down the street. I bumped into my best friend, Dakota.

"Hi Jason!" He hugged me. I hugged him back.

"Hi!" I squealed. He let go.

"Do you want to go play at the park?" He asked.

"Yeah of course." I grabbed his arm and ran back to the park. We made it to a playground. I saw an older kid, who looked to be 14 bullying another boy who looked to be my age. Dakota looked pissed at the sight. I put my hand on his shoulder.

"It'll be ok." I reassured him. He took my hand off his shoulder and marched over to them. I was about to follow but someone grabbed my arm. I turned around to see Reyna.

"Hey Reyna, Percy!" I waved.

"Don't you ever run off again!" Reyna demanded. I nodded my head.  Percy was nowhere in sight. I looked behind me to see Percy and Dakota sticking up for the boy. The boy who was about my age had blonde hair and sky blue eyes. He had freckles sprinkled on his face. The older boy literally looked like a stick. He was paler then Nico. Nico the dude who barely comes out. He wore a purple shirt with jeans and the younger boy wore tide eye everything. Reyna gave me my ice-cream and told me to sit on a bench. I did as she asked. I was worried about Dakota. Dakota was the type of boy who hated bullies because he got bullied sometimes.

Reyna walked over to calm everyone down. What happened next traumatized me. The older kid punched Reyna and kicked Percy in the stomach. I couldn't move. Dakota punched stick dude. Stick dude regained fast and kicked Dakota's head. Dakota fell limp to the floor. The younger boy quickly made his way to Dakota. Reyna stood up and punched stick dude. Stick dude fell to the floor. I forced myself up and ran over to Dakota. Dakota looked pale. An adult ran up. The adult looked like the two boys.

"What happened?" The man asked. No one spoke. The man realized the situation. "William keep the kid passed put in check." The man urged. The younger boy obeyed and looked down at Dakota. That was Will.

~Time skip~

I was sitting in the hospital waiting for the news on my best friend. Thalia and my mom comforted me. Reyna and Percy came to make sure I was ok. Will and his dad who I found out to be, Apollo were also there. I found out that the boy who hurt my best friend name was Octavian. Will was sitting in a chair shaking his leg. Nico and Hazel came in with there dad, Hades. Poseidon followed after them. Hazel ran over to me and gave me a hug. She was the sweetest cousin I knew. Nico was talking with Percy.

"Jason it's gonna be ok, Dakota is going to be okay." Hazel reassured me. I gave her a smile. The kid Will came over.

"Hey I'm sorry for what my cousin did to your friend. I know you probably hate me now but I'm so sorry." He apologized. This wasn't this kids fault. I got up and hugged him.

"Hey it isn't your fault, its Octavian's." I reassured him. He hesitated but hugged me back. He let go and a girl who looked about 4 called to him. Will gave me a quick smile before running off to the little girl. He picked her up and kissed her forehead.

The doctor came out. He came up to me and my family.

"I'm sorry to inform you that Dakota is no longer with us. He had a brain tumor and with that kick to the head, it killed him, I'm so sorry." He explained. I stood there staring at my feet. Dakota is dead. He's gone. My best friend is gone. Hazel brought me into a hug. I cried into her shoulder. The whole world was black. Nothing mattered. Dakota was alone. He was aorphan. he didn't deserve to die. If I wasn't weak, I could've stopped Octavian from doing that. Hazel rubbed my back and whispered reassuring things to me. She let go and led me to a chair. I slumped down. The room was blurry. I could see faint outlines of people talking. I couldn't hear. It was all muffled. I was completely lost. Octavian! He did this! Octavian.....