Sprout(2)

Mirchea leaned back in his chair, his expression thoughtful as he considered his next words. "Anaria, I think it's time you took on a new responsibility," he began, his tone serious.

Anaria raised an eyebrow, intrigued by her father's sudden change in demeanor. "What do you mean, Father?" she asked, curiosity evident in her voice.

"I think you should take Baam under your wing and train him," Mirchea stated matter-of-factly, his gaze fixed on his daughter.

Anaria's eyes widened in surprise at her father's suggestion. "Train Baam? But Father, he's already quite skilled in combat. What more could I possibly teach him?" she questioned, a hint of skepticism coloring her words.

Mirchea leaned forward, his expression earnest. "Baam may be skilled, but he lacks the experience and knowledge that only someone like you can impart," he explained, his voice gentle yet firm.

Anaria frowned, her mind racing as she processed her father's words. "But Father, I have my own duties to attend to. I can't simply drop everything to train Baam," she protested, her tone tinged with frustration.

Mirchea regarded his daughter with a knowing look. "Anaria, I understand that you have your own responsibilities, but this is an opportunity for you to mold Baam into a formidable ally," he reasoned, his voice unwavering.

Anaria sighed, feeling torn between her obligations and her father's request. "I just don't know if I'm the right person for the job, Father," she admitted, her uncertainty palpable.

Mirchea reached out and placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "Anaria, you possess skills and abilities that few others in the Tower can match. I have no doubt that you're more than capable of guiding Baam on his journey," he said confidently, his gaze unwavering.

Anaria's resolve wavered as she gazed into her father's eyes, seeing nothing but unwavering faith and confidence reflected back at her. "I'll... consider it, Father," she conceded reluctantly, knowing that she couldn't refuse him outright.

Mirchea smiled, his eyes filled with pride. "That's all I ask, Anaria. Just give it some thought," he said warmly, squeezing her shoulder gently before releasing her.

As Anaria watched her father cut the call, she couldn't help but feel a sense of apprehension about the task that lay before her. Training Baam would undoubtedly be a challenging endeavor, but she knew that with her father's guidance and support, she would find a way to rise to the occasion and fulfill her duty as a member of the Haedaljung.

Anaria found Baam in the training area, his focus entirely on honing his skills. She approached him with a determined expression, steeling herself for the conversation ahead.

"Baam," she began, her voice steady despite the internal turmoil she felt. "I've been thinking about what my father said, and... I've decided to train you."

Baam looked up, surprise flickering in his eyes at her unexpected announcement. "Train me? But why, Anaria?" he asked, confusion evident in his voice.

Anaria hesitated, grappling with her own doubts and uncertainties. "Because... despite my lack of interest in the matter, I believe it's the right thing to do," she admitted reluctantly, her gaze flickering away for a moment before meeting his once more.

Baam regarded her with a mixture of gratitude and curiosity. "Thank you, Anaria. I appreciate your willingness to help me," he said earnestly, a hint of determination in his voice.

Anaria nodded, a sense of resolve settling over her as she met Baam's gaze. "Just don't expect me to go easy on you," she warned, a small smirk tugging at the corners of her lips.