Summer Time

Luke invited Lacey to come to the Hughes lake house with him this year. Of course, she accepted his offer. Jack's surgery in Colorado was successful so he decided to go with them even if he couldn't do anything really.

Today they decided to have a boat day before Quinn's game, which was a game that could send them to the second round. Lacey got changed into her bathing suit with a pair of Levis jean shorts and Luke's shirt over top. As she was packing her small bag with a few things, she felt arms wrap around her waist and a face in her neck, the familiar curls of Luke shoving into her face.

"Luke! Your hair is in my mouth!" Lacey complained, spitting his hair out and smacking him. Luke only laughed.

"Suck it up, princess." He teased. "We're leaving so hurry up." His arms unraveled from her waist and he leaned against the wall while he waited for her.

Lacey threw her bag over her shoulder and put her sunglasses on her head, walking down the dock with Luke. When she saw Jack sitting on the boat, she ran over to him and flopped onto his uninjured side. Since they met, Jack basically adopted Lacey as his younger sister and would never think twice about it.

"My favourite cripple!" Lacey cheered. Jack rolled his eyes and smacked her head.

"Don't break my girlfriend and cripple her too, Jack." Luke teased as he jumped onto the boat, Trevor and Cole getting on behind him. Trevor lifted Lacey up and threw her to the side, stealing her spot.

"Don't steal my boyfriend!" Trevor complained. The whole boat started laughing and Jack patted his head.

"No need to worry, bubs. I'm all yours." Jack laughed. This was something Trevor did with all of them so it wasn't unusual at this point.

Cole sat next to Lacey and poked her. Lacey pouted and poked him back, soon turning it into a poking war. Luke laughed at the four of them all being weird and waited for his parents to get on so they could leave. Jim sat at the wheel while Ellen and Lacey moved to the front of the boat to soak in the sun. The four boys all joked around in the back, occasionally poking fun at Jim to see if they could get him mad but ultimately failed.

Once they got far enough out, they brought on the wake surfing board and Luke opted to go first. Lacey adventured to the back to watch and patted Jack's good shoulder when she saw his sad expression, knowing he was upset he couldn't wake surf since it was his favourite part about summer.

"You'll be out there soon, Jizzy." Lacey told him, patting his head. Jack cringed at the name.

"God, you're an ass sometimes." He groaned while the girl laughed and turned to film Luke as he surfed.

When Luke fell in, they stopped the boat and forced him to swim back, much to his dismay. Then Luke got a very bad idea that he wanted to try.

"Lace, get on my shoulders." He said. Lacey immediately shook her head. "Come on! I wanna try wake surfing with you on my shoulders."

"That sounds like attempted murder." She pointed out, Jack and Cole nodding in agreement while Trevor laid on the boat's couch, watching the scene unfold.

"You'll be fine." Lacey sighed and gave in, taking off her shorts and Luke's shirt, laying them on the floor by her bag, her sunglasses on top of them.

Jim handed her a wake surf life jacket and she put it on before Luke knelt down by the couch. Lacey stepped on the couch and took a deep breath before carefully pushing herself onto her boyfriend's shoulders. He placed a firm grip on her thighs to stabilize her, her hands resting on his head, her fingers curled in his hair.

"Stop pulling my hair." Luke smacked her leg slight. Lacey wobbled slightly but stayed there, Luke re stabilizing her.

"You asshole! You almost dropped me!" She smacked his head. The people on the boat laughed at the exchanged and watched as they got to the board in the water.

Lacey took a deep breath and gripped Luke as Jim started driving and the board tipped up onto the wake. Once she gave Luke the approval, he took one hand off the handle he was holding to keep them both stabilized and placed it on her thigh. Lacey began loosening up a bit and enjoyed herself, perched on her boyfriend's shoulders.

The couple both looked at the boat and saw Ellen with her phone out. Lacey stuck her tongue and made hand movements while Luke smiled and copied her hand movement. Eventually, they got back on the boat safe and sound.

"Put me down now." Lacey begged. Luke laughed and squatted down to where he feet touched and she jumped off, practically kissing the boat floor. "That's the scariest thing I've ever done." She sighed, sitting back down next to Trevor this time and leaning on his shoulder.

Between all of Luke's friends, she's always felt the safest around Trevor and Cole so she never hesitated to find comfort in them or just hang out with them because she knew they wouldn't mind. As if living up to that expectation, Trevor wrapped his arm around her shoulder while Luke went on the board again.

"I'm still mad you tried to steal my boyfriend." Trevor teased, causing Lacey to scoff and smack his arm.

lhughes_06✔️

lhughes_06✔️

Caption: beach day with bae and fam. And Trev and Cole I guess
Liked by laceyloohoo, colecaufield and 217k others
Tagged: laceyloohoo

Comments:

@trevorzegras✔️: really feelin the love
liked by creator

@_quinnhughes✔️: wish I could be there rn
→@lhughes_06✔️: _quinnhughes at least you made playoffs smh

tap to load more...

***

I got tired by the end lol

WC: 990