Honourary Co-Captains

CHILD IMAGINE WIT MARLA AND JACK'S CHILD (Jack imagine)

Background: Charlotte "Charlie" Hughes, 3 years old, mom's been getting milk for 3 years, loves playing hockey with the Devils, fairly social

"Cmon, Charlie." Jack chuckled at his daughter who was laying tiredly on the hotel floor.

"I'm tired, daddy." The little girl whined, curling further into the carpeted floor. Her father laughed and picked her up.

They walked out to the Uber where Quinn and an equally tired Marla were waiting. The two had been selected as co-captains for Michael Bublé's team in the all stars. Of course, they crowned the two young girls as honourary captains to allow them on the ice to help select their team.

The NHL even supplied them with their own Team Hughes jerseys to wear on the ice, as well as little mics. Once they arrived at the Scotiabank Arena, the two young men grabbed their sleeping daughters and brought them back to wear they were until the draft. They decided to let the kids sleep a bit since the draft would run a but long. Unfortunately for Jack, Charlotte woke up and she was highly energetic.

"Daddy." Charlie poked her dad.

He looked down at his daughter, smiling and crouching to her height. "What's up?" He asked her.

"I'm bored." She pouted. Making pleading eyes, she sat on the floor. "Can I play games on your phone?"

Jack grabbed his phone and gave it to her after unlocking it. The girl's eyes widened and she thanked him before opening some coco play game and getting drowned in the moves of the animation.

"She's so respectful." Bratt complimented from his teammate's right.

"You say that everytime you see her." Jack laughed, standing back up.

"Well I mean it every time." The man shrugged.

The men in the room talked for a bit before the people in charge walked in for the captains to get them ready. Jack grabbed his phone and daughter before following the other captains out. Upon arriving to a seperate area right by the ice, all of them were handed their jerseys and mics to put on.

"Charlie, can you put this on?" Jack asked his daughter, handing her the red NHL Jersey.

"Put her in blue!" Matthews joked from across the room.

"I'll fight you." Jack joked back. Everyone laughed a bit before going back to getting ready.

By now, Mars had woken up. She and Charlie were playing tag with a few of the guys who were finished getting ready. They don't know the concept of betraying their teams yet, so Quinn and Jack let it go.

"I feel betrayed." Quinn sighed, watching his daughter squeal and run from McDavid, who was 'it.'

"Well my daughters hiding behind Makar right now so.." The two brothers looked at one another and laughed.

When they were told it was time to go out, they grabbed their kids and helped them connect their mics to their ears. Jack went over what not to say and do while on the ice with Charlotte, who nodded and told her dad she wouldn't do anything bad. He smiled and hugged her tight.

"Let's go, guys!" Everyone lined up before walking out.

The man in charge talked on the center podium a bit after the team captains walked out. Team Hughes got the first draft.

Mars and Charlie giggled with one another as they were squished between the four men. Jack tickled his niece and daughter, knowing Quinn already had an idea of who to take first overall. Everyone heard the giggles of the two girls and smiled over at them.

They selected Nikita Kucherov of the Tampa Bay Lightning. He skated over and replaced his jersey with the red NHL jersey which represented Team Hughes. Marla and Charlie cheered and jumped around when they saw the hockey player skate to the selected bench. Kucherov smiled and gave them each small hugs before skating off.

The drafting continued on, Mars and Charlie both getting to voice their opinions multiple times and even each getting to select someone, Mars chose the goalie she looks up to, Demko, while Charlie selected one of her favourite players, besides her father and uncles of course, Bratt. Both of the Hughes brothers laughed at their kids sticking with the teams they've grown up around.

Once the draft ended and everyone was off the ice, the two little girls went back to their game of tag but only with themselves this time. Jack and Quinn talked to their celebrity captain for a few minutes before looking back and realizing both of their kids were laying on the floor, practically asleep in their jerseys. Bublé sent the co-captains off, saying he'd see them on game day.

"Cmon, Charlie." Jack whispered to his sleepy daughter. Charlotte stood up and leaned on her dad's leg. He picked her up and she rested her head gently on his shoulder. "Go to sleep, Char. You did very good at being a co-captain." The man smiled. A smile grew on the girl's tired face before she fell asleep, her honourary captain duties making it very difficult to stay awake.

***

Nah but Jack and Quinn looked to fine at the all star draft likeee 😭

Also why tf is Tate McRae a celeb captain? Like she totally only knows Crosby and the Hughes brothers

WC: 899