The Dream Team

TW: mentions cheating

COLE AND TAYA ARE JUST FRIENDS IN THIS!! Let's imagine those two and Nick Suzuki are dream team.

Taya couldn't believe it.

The man she never thought would betray her just stabbed her right in the back. Hard. One, hard, painful stab in the heart. 

She had finally gotten off of work for once and decided that she would make a good meal for she and her boyfriend. Especially since he's only in town so long. Well, lucky her. When she walked in he was making out with someone on their couch. Who? Her best friend. Wow.

Now she had nowhere to go. Grabbed her bag ready for the trip they were supposed to go on, left, and didn't look back. So she called Cole.

"Hey!" Cole's cheery voice sounded through the speakers of her car.

"Cole?" Taya sniffed. He got serious as soon as he heard is lifelong best friend upset.

"What's going on? Do you need a place to stay? Me and Suzi's guest room's open, you know that." Cole rambled quickly as if he could read Taya's mind. A smile grew on her face.

"Please?" She asked softly. Of course, he didn't object and told her that her favourite blanket and his team USA sweatshirt would be on the bed.

When Taya pulled up to the apartment, she grabbed her duffle bag and purse from the back and ran up the stairs. Nick and Cole had given her a spare key when Cole first got to Montreal and they became the dream team. So, she unlocked the door and walked in. Nick came running down the hallway and hugged her.

"I heard you were sad." He mumbled. The girl smiled sadly and hugged him tight. "Go shower, change, then when Cole gets back we'll watch a movie, okay?" She smiled and nodded, walking down the hallway to the guest room and the bathroom.

When Cole walked back in, lots of ice cream, chocolate, and chips in the bags in his arms, Nick told him his plan. They got a couple bowls on different snacks and a mug of tea ready for their best friend for when she was ready. The two didn't rush her as they knew that whatever happened must have affected her deeply.

They both looked up when they heard Taya walking down the hallway wearing jumbo Aritzia sweatpants and Cole's sweatshirt with her hair pulled up, glasses placed on her face over her usual contacts. Cole smiled softly at his upset friend and pulled her into a hug while she leaned on Nick's shoulder.

"He's an asshole. Fucking cheater." She muttered with distaste in her tone.

Nick gave Cole a look, but Cole waved him off, basically saying they can plow him into the ice since he plays on the team their playing the next day. He was just in town for the weekend to see his girlfriend. At least that's what they thought.

"Do you wanna move in with us?" Nick asked after a minute.

Taya scoffed. "Please, I'd only be intruding." 

"Intruding? Man, are you high or something?" Cole joked, emitting a laugh from his best friend. "Please, please, please, please, plea-"

"Fine." Taya cut him off with a smile. The two men cheered. "Can we watch Cars now?" She whined. 

Nick laughed and put on the movie. But, he paused it when she ran back to her room only to come back a minute later with her Mater crocs on and McQueen crocs in both of her hands. She handed them over to her best friends to put on. They laughed and put them on while she got comfortable between her two friends, a big bowl of chips laid in her lap.

This was what Taya loved. She didn't care anymore about her ex. With the two men she loved most in the world next to her, ready to do anything to make her happy, she realized that that was where she was happy. She was happy with her best friends. The dream team.

***

Nick, Cole, and Taya >>>

I just had coffee. Why? I don't know.

WC: 670