Can I Call You Mom?

Quinn took a deep breath. Today is the day.

The day Alisha meets Marla.

He and Alisha met a month ago at a cafe while Marla was at school. It's been years since he's dated a woman, ever since his girlfriend ditched. Marla and him have done well on their own, but he thinks it's finally time to introduce a mother figure into Marla's life.

The door was knocked on. Marla looked confused, but shrugged as Quinn got up to go answer it. He opened the door and smiled brightly.

"Hey, Alisha!" Quinn smiled, hugging her and kissing her lightly.

"Hey, Quinn." Alisha grinned. Marla came running around the corner to see who's there. "You must be Marla, right?" She asked the little girl, kneeling down to her height.

"Who are you?" Marla asked as politely as a girl her age knows how to be.

"I'm Alisha." She smiled, sitting on the floor beside the little girl.

"You're pretty like a princess." The little girl smiled. "Will you come play with me?" She asked her.

Alisha smiled and nodded, following Marla into the living room without giving a second glance to Quinn, who was stood shocked at what he had just witnessed. His daughter has never attached to someone as quickly as she just did with Alisha. He walked into the room and sneakily took a picture and posted it to his main account. 

_quinnhughes✔️

_quinnhughes✔️

Caption: my two favourite girls
Liked by jackhughes, lhughes_06, and 134k others
Tagged: alisha_johnson

Comments:

@jackhughes✔️: YAY THEY GET ALONG!
@lhughes_06✔️: jackhughes yo chill

@user29846: hard launch?

load more..

---

One week later

"Lisha?" Marla asked the woman while they were playing.

"Yes, sweetheart?" She replied with a soft smile.

"Can I call you mom?" Quinn felt like his heart stopped as his eyes widened. He had no idea how Alisha would react to this, but all he could do was hope for the best.

The reaction he got was surprising. "Yeah. Yeah, you can." Alisha smiled brightly. Marla smiled her adorable smile and launched into the woman's arms.

A month later, hockey game

"Look, mommy!" Marla squealed as Quinn skated past them. Alisha smiled as she held the girl on her lap so she could see over the boards.

The WAGs around them all smiled at the girl. Just two months ago, she was only able to sit on the bench where there was danger of flying pucks since none of the WAGs usually stayed after the game. Quinn always hated it, knowing she could get hurt. So he always made sure she was standing by or behind the goalie so if a puck flew over, he would catch it. 

"Yeah! There's daddy!" Alisha exclaimed. 

Marla was happy. For the first time in a while, she had a mother to play dolls with. As well as someone to turn to for her very few girl problems.

***

MARLA HAS A MOM GUYS!

h0eforquinnhughes told you it was coming

WC: 486