Injured And Lonely

"God, Trevor." Amelia sighed sadly, brushing away Trevor's hair out of his eyes. The two had just gotten back from the hospital where the doctor told him he had broken his ankle during the game.

"First Jamie leaves and now I'm injured? Fucking horrible." He grumbled, hobbling into the living room and plopping onto the couch, crutches beside him. His head fell into his hands and his fiancée sat next to him.

"You know that he's only a call away, right? I can call him now if you wanted to talk to him? He would love to hear from you, babe!" She exclaimed, grabbing her phone and dialing Jamie's number.

"Hey, A! What's up?" Jamie's phone rang through the speaker.

"Hey, J. I got Trev here and he's feeling a bit down. Maybe you wanna talk to him and have some 'boy time?'" She asked him. The girl could practically hear his smile through the speaker.

"Fuck yeah!" He yelled. She giggled, handing her phone to a slightly happier Trevor before kissing his cheek and walking into the kitchen to start making food.

The two best friends talked for hours on the phone. Amelia read for a bit before making dinner knowing that the two needed some time with one another. Between Jamie being traded the day before and Trevor getting injured, they both weren't doing so well collectively.

Eventually, she made dinner, which consisted of spaghetti bolognese and garlic bread, and walked out to the living room. She placed her hand gently on Trevor's shoulder just as he and Jamie hung up. He jumped slightly but turned around and smiled at his fiancée behind him.

"Thank you, babe." He smiled, hugging her best he can from the angle. The girl smiled and gave him his food, kissing the top of his head before going to clean up. "You're too good for me." He mumbled, grinning.

A week later

Amelia tried everything in her power to help Trev feel happy. But between Jamie having left a week ago and him only making it a few weeks without getting injured again, there really wasn't anything she could do to make him feel happy again.

"C'mon, love. Please. You need to get out of the apartment." Amelia begged Trevor, who was sat in their bed.

"But why? I'm just a big joke in this franchise. Getting injured all the time, like I made it a fucking month before I got injured again this season. Now I'm out for 6-8 weeks." He sighed, digging his face into her neck.

"No one thinks that. Come on, we can even go to the arena and watch the Ducks practice" Amelia promised, pulling his face to look at her.

Trevor signed. "Fine." He gave in.

The girl cheered and hugged him tight. He realized then that even though he's injured and his best friend is across the country, he's not alone. He's lucky that he has the best, most loving fiancée in the world to help him out.

***

Having separation anxiety from Jamie rn guys

WC: 512