The Night We Met

TW: SA mentions

Lacey sobbed as she walked the streets of Newark. A man had just fucked her without consent and she just felt so used. So wrong. She felt as if her life had just been flipped upside-down, as if she fell into a hole that she couldn't climb out of. That is until she bumped into someone.

"I'm so sorry!" The boy exclaimed, quickly helping the girl up and out of the snow. "Shit, you're all snowy now." He sighed, mentally scolding himself.

"N-no. It's alright." The girl responded, trying to hide her sobs. The mystery person looked up and revealed himself. "You're L-Luke Hughes?" She questioned.

He nodded but didn't pay attention to any of that. "Hey, what's wrong? Why're you crying?" Luke asked this mystery girl as if he'd known her for years.

"Nothing." She looked down. "I gotta go." She tried to run off but he stopped her.

"Are you sure you're okay? Because if you need a place to stay or just a friend to help you I'm here for you." He told her with a genuine feeling of concern. Her eyes softened.

"I wouldn't want to intru-" Luke cut her off.

"Nonsense! My brother wouldn't care and you can stay as long as you want." Lacey smiled brightly for the first time in a long time.

One year later..

Lacey sat curled up in the center of her bed, Luke sat next to her trying to find out what happened.

Exactly 365 days after the..incident..it happened again. Same man, same place, same time. Luke found her on the same street, struggling to walk home from all the drugs the man had placed on her in order to not have her fight back.

"Lace, sweetie, what's wrong?" Luke asked once again. However, like the other times, Lacey just shook her head. "Love, I need to know what happened." He spoke sadly.

Luke hated seeing his girlfriend like this. It's been about two days since he picked her up and she hasn't eaten or slept. He has a bit of an idea on what happened, but never would he bring it up in case it isn't true.

"The man." Lacey mumbled out after a minute. Luke was confused. "From last year. He did it again.." She stopped mid sentence as she started crying, reliving the memories.

Luke's face held anything but a pleased look. Guilt, anger, sadness, empathy..all of those but happiness. He held her as close as he could. Jack heard the girl crying and ran in.

Over the year, Jack's become like an older brother to Lacey saying she has no family that's pleased with her anymore. She went to the lake house with the boys and was immediately taken in by Jim and Ellen Hughes. Quinn loved her like a sister, Alexis loved having someone to gossip with, and Skylar loved having another sister to have tea parties with.

Jack ran over and hugged the girl on her other side as she cried. He gave Luke a look, asking if what he thinks happened was it, and Luke nodded. His face contorted to the same look his brother held moments before.

"Calm down, Jack." Lacey's voice came out mumbled against Luke's chest.

"Yes ma'am." Jack spoke, standing up and walking out of the room.

"I'm sorry." Luke sighed. Lacey shook her head. "No, really. I should've been there to help you and protect you an-" She cut him off with a kiss to his lips.

"It's okay, Luke." She told him to comfort him slightly.

"But-" He began.

"No. There's nothing you could've done to stop him, alright? What's done is done." She continued on. He sighed.

"Fine. I'll drop it." The girl smiled and hugged him tight. He held onto her in his lap.

Eventually the two fell asleep. Jack walked in and saw the couple asleep on their bed. A smile found its way to his face as he took a picture to post on his spam.

jackhughesishotCaption: everyone's favourite couple having a napLiked by zebra, idonthavedepression, and 24 othersTagged: moosey, laceyloohoo

jackhughesishot
Caption: everyone's favourite couple having a nap
Liked by zebra, idonthavedepression, and 24 others
Tagged: moosey, laceyloohoo

Comments:

idonthavedepression: aww my little brother finally asked her out huh?
→jackhughesishot: bud they've BEEN dating

caulingcaufield: MY BESTIEPOO

ellbell: missing these times ❤️
→jackhughesishot: mom stop being so damn professional

***

WC: 723