Chapter Thirty-One

Early the next morning, I laid in my bed, staring up at the ceiling, listening to Paul's noise. 

I turned my head slightly to look at him. His head was so close to mine, breathing lightly, letting out tiny snores in between, he had his arm draped over my stomach. 

The snoring was a little annoying to the point I thought of creating a tea or remedy cause as much as I love the guy, his snoring had to go but I reminded myself quickly Paul had been patrolling nearly every night till morning, he was drained. 

Hearing a buzzing, I turned off my alarm and checked the time 5:30 my favorite time of the morning. I sat up, stretching and looked out the window, it was still dark out. 

I sat there for a while listening to my imprinter. He must have been really tired after yesterday. No one expected Jacob to just shift like that, most wolves shifted because there were vampires nearby... and there's usually something that triggers the angry, like Paul had a drunken fight with his father. I never told anyone about it but I knew. It's part of why he's been practically living at Emily's to the point of driving a certain Alpha crazy. 

Waking up a little more, I got to my feet and padded over to my closet and waved my hand over a wall grabbing my portable cauldron and my usual ingredients. 

Slowly I sat down on my rug, cross legged. Piper picked her head up from laying on her tree, she wasn't a big fan of the big guy in my bed. Doing her usual, she came and climbed into my lap as I sat my cauldron on the wood floor so it wouldn't catch the rug on fire. 

Filling my pot with my usual things, Epson salt, ground pepper, jasmine buds and white sage.  I lit the sage and moved my wrist clockwise in the air three times. The smoke wafted up into the air, in a cloud swirl. I placed the sage in the pot and settled myself properly, taking in a deep breath, inhaling the smoke and closed my eyes, meditating. 

-----

Moments passed by, I heard my second alarm beep drawing my attention. I opened my eyes and glanced at the clock.  Sun was shining in my room.

I looked over Paul was still sleeping. I smiled, getting up and cleaning my things up. I quickly turned the alarm off letting my man sleep and grabbed my bath kit and some clothes and went to take a shower. 

I took a quick one, following my normal routine and got out, drying myself off.

Since it looked like a good day, I got dressed in a simple purple tube top shirt and blue jeans. 

I wandered back into my room spotting my bed empty, Paul wasn't there, instead Piper was curled up. 

"Hmm... did you scare him away?" I asked staring at my kitty. 

She just eyed me for a minute before falling back to sleep. 

I grinned at my cat. 

"Typical kitty." I muttered rolling my eyes in amusement. 

Moving over to my vanity, I dried it quickly and brushed it out, deciding on leaving it down, I added a small braid. My makeup was light just dark eyeshadow, eyeliner and few swipes of mascara making my eyes stand out and a little gloss I was looking like myself. 

Moving onto my jewelry I added my usual valerian necklace but decided on adding my new necklace I had gotten for my birthday, it had a black cat on them slipping on the matching bracelet on one wrist and added my coven and the one Paul gave me on the other. 

I even put the matching cat earrings on so my outfit was complete. Slipping into a pair of purple heels, I grabbed my bags and headed downstairs. 

I could hear noise coming from the kitchen, making me raise an eyebrow. Reaching the bottom step I dropped my bags on the couch and made my way into the room.