Chapter Twenty

June seemed to fly by quickly, I spent half of my time down at the rez with Paul, we've gone on a few other dates, some without our lovely friends and before anyone asks yes we are dating. 

We weren't going to tell anyone yet, the only ones who know are Charlie, the elders, Emily, Kim, Jared and Sam....  I didn't want a whole lot of people knowing just yet. 

It was the last week of June... This day came quickly. 

I laid awake staring up at the ceiling, petting Piper who was cuddled up to my side, the sun was almost up, and it was raining so it was a groggy day. I felt numb, letting out a sigh and feeling tears in my eyes, staring at my parents portrait. 

Today was a good and bad day for me.

Reaching over I grabbed my phone off the table and unlocked it, checking the time and noticed I had a bunch of unread text messages. One from Leah, Embry and Jacob... My friends at school and those on the rez... Along with Athena and all of my paternal cousins... And one of the messages came from the group chat between Emily, Kim and I. 

The door opened making me brush the tears away and turned seeing Charlie and Bella coming in. 

"Happy Birthday!"

I stared at them for a minute before giving them a small smile and sat up.

Charlie seemed to understand, he gave me a gentle smile glancing at his sister's face and then handed me a small purple stripped box. 

I took the box from him and sat in in my lap, taking off the lid and moved tissue paper from inside until I found candle and smiled.

"Awe this is great." I told him taking a smell of lavender scent. "Thanks Uncle Charlie."

"I was hoping you'd like it."

"I do." I told him grinning. "Love that it fits my purple theme."

He smiled at me. 

I sat the candle on my side table and put the paper pack in the box and sat it aside before reaching for Bella's.

It was wrapped in pretty sparkling purple which made me grin even more and quite heavy.

I unwrapped it and found an empty journal, it was bounded in leather and had a purple stone engraved on the front.

"Thank you." I told her, setting it aside. "Really, thank you." 

"You're not done yet, you've got several packages from everywhere." Bella told me watching Charlie go to my door and grab three boxes, one of them looked pretty heavy. "Jazz, Quinn, Juliet... and some of your other cousins... You got a lot of people." 

I laughed at her. 

"Yeah the Lovelace clan is big and scattered everywhere on earth." I told her earning a nod. 

I pushed my legs over the edge, Charlie sat them all on my bed. I decided to open the biggest one first that came from Jazz, I wasted no time in ripping the paper off and opened the lid, I found a treasure chest type box and opened the lid of that. The corners of my mouth curved seeing all of the herbs, crystals, sage and everything I could think of.

Jazz was amazing.

I sat that one aside and went to grab the other two, Quinn had sent me a new bath bombs, Marianna and Holly gave me a new book titled: Witchcraft A handbook of Magic, Spells and Potions.

"Awesome." I muttered smiling, playing with what Jazz had sent me more than anything and glanced up at Charlie and Bella. "These gifts are amazing thank you."