Chapter Ten

The entire ride home was filled with Angela and Jessica giggling and smiling leaving Bella alone with Edward. I knew Edward would never harm my cousin. 

I dropped the girls all off at home and then headed home myself. I unlocked the door and walked in, hanging up my keys. 

I saw that Charlie wasn't home yet. I walked into the kitchen with the to go box I had and sat it on the counter, I saw a note on the fridge. 

Looking it over, it told me that Charlie would be working late tonight. 

I decided to reheat the food and take it over to him. Getting back in the jeep I drove the short distance to the station spotting flashing lights and raised an eyebrow. 

I saw Charlie's cruiser and another car; it was a slick black. I recognized it as Carlisle's. 

Frowning, I got out just as Edward's Volvo pulled in next to me. He and Bella got out. 

"Lena what's happening?" Bella asked. 

"I don't know." I told her shrugging before thinking it through and glanced at Edward. "I was just dropping off dinner for Charlie."

'If Carlisle is here, something's wrong' I thought making Edward nod. 

Just as I finished that thought Carlisle came walking out. 

"Carlisle what's going on?" Edward and I asked at the same time earning a look from Bella. We shared a look. 

"Waylon Forge was found in the woods out near his place." Carlisle told us, looking between Edward and I. "I just examined the body."

'Waylon? vampire attack? That's what Quinn meant by something was going to happen'

Edward looked at me sharply, I saw his face darken a little.

'Quinn saw it?''

'I told you we've been sensing something, it's been like this since Bella came to town.'

He nodded. 

"He died?" Bella asked looking horrified, I glanced at her nearly forgetting she was there. "How?"

"Animal attack." Carlisle told her,  I watched his eyes flicker to Edward and I noticing we were talking mentally. I turned reading Carlisle's mind. 

Bella also noticed the exchange we were having but luckily for me she didn't think about it as much. 

"The same kind that killed the security guard down in Mason?" Bella asked.

"Most likely." Carlisle told her calmly, looking at Edward and I again.

"So, it's getting closer to town."

"Waylon lived all the way down on Queet's river." I told her shrugging. "75 miles south."

"But that's-" Bella trailed off. 

"Bella mind checking on Charlie?" I asked cutting her off, smiling reassuring. "Waylon was one of his closest friends, I'll be in, in a second." 

She frowned at me, but went to the door, pausing for a minute before she walked in. I made sure she was out of ear shot before turning back.

"Something big is coming." I told them. "Whatever it is the girls, and I can feel it."

"Did Quinn see what it or who it was?" Edward asked making me look at him.

"No, she couldn't get a clear view just that there are three of them." I said before looking at Carlisle. "They passed through the barrier a month ago, we've been working on it, whatever it is, it's dark."