Chapter Nineteen

A few days later, I was home, getting ready for bed and cuddled up to Piper, reading from the book with notes on shifters. 

Since Paul imprinted on me I was getting more curious on what was going to happen next. We haven't really seen each other since that night. 

He, Jared and Sam were busy setting a patrol schedule and learning how to control his anger. 

It was normal for a new shifter to spend a couple weeks or so away from people, so they could adapt. 

Anyway I was reading a page Elise had written about imprints, being an imprint herself and a witch, she'd have tips, most of what I was reading spoke of her and her husband. 

While part of me was excited, the other half was nervous. I've been friends with Paul since he started following Sam around. He was one of my friends, and yes I had a major crush on him for years but Paul was now a shifter, and I kind felt like I was being forced into a relationship I didn't have much say in. 

It all happened so fast, I couldn't stop to really think about it and I didn't exactly have anyone I could talk too other than Jasmine and Quinn but the girls weren't home yet.  

I guess I could go talk to Rosalie or Alice but Rosalie would probably yell at me for getting involved with a shifter and I wasn't sure if they would think I was taking sides. 

I suddenly felt discouraged thinking about that. Would they hate me? They're my family.... and what about the shifters, would they hate me for being friendly with the Cullens?

Flipping the page I searched for the answers in Elise's book, hoping to find something and stopped on a page where it spoke of her feeling torn between the two sides. 

My phone started to ring, drawing my attention, I picked it up without looking at the ID. 

"Hello?" I answered focusing on Elise's words. 

"Hey, Elena, it's me." I heard Paul's voice ring out. "Sorry I know it's late."

"No it's okay but aren't you suppose to be out on patrol?" I asked checking the time. "Sam won't like it if you slack off, neither will I...  Aside from a few orders I have to fill, I'm off witch duty until the girls come home." 

I heard him chuckle. 

"I finished an hour ago, it's Jared's turn... anyway what have you been up too today?"

"My usual woke up did my morning ritual, made breakfast and lunch for Charlie. Spent time in my garden, collected herbs and started working on special orders.... typical witch stuff." I said shrugging not saying a whole lot. "Did you want something?"

"Yeah um... I called because I uh.... that is if you want." 

"Spill it Lahote." I muttered making him sigh. 

There was silence on the other end for a really long time, I was still reading the notes only paying half attention to him so I didn't notice he went quiet. 

"I was wondering if we could do something.... like a date." 

My eyes snapped from the book, to the phone.  Did Paul Lahote just ask me out. My mind went into overdrive trying to process it.  Paul just asked me out, oh my goddess. I was freaking out. He just imprinted on me a few weeks ago, now he's calling to ask me out. 

"Elena?" 

"Sorry." I muttered shaking my head clear. "Uh are you okay to do that? I mean you're still a pack newbie... and no offense but your a bit more temperamental than-"

"Sam gave me the clear, it was actually his idea." 

"Oh... that's cool." I told him feeling a grin growing on my face.