Chapter Twenty-Six

I woke up around ten am, the latest I've ever slept, I spent a few extra minutes cuddling in bed, since it was the weekend. I was a little tired.

While the pack have been running the town, the girls and I have been pulling our own weight, trying to pinpoint where Victoria was.... I haven't told Alice or any of them because I knew the boys could handle it. There was no sense in dragging Carlisle back here just to handle a nomad vampire.

I helped defeat her mate and I can do the same to her.

Sighing in content, I got to my feet and headed over to my closet. I was headed down to Emily's to spend time with Paul. We weren't really going to do anything special; we were just going to hang out at Em's.

I got dressed in something simple. My purple tank top, skinny black jeans and my tennis shoes, adding my valerian necklace and my usual bracelets, the coven one and the one Paul gave me. I decided not to add much makeup just some gloss and brushed my hair out, putting it into a bun.

It's been a handful of months into dating Paul but I still liked to look my best. I guess you can say I have a thing for appearances, rather I was in a dress or just jeans, or messy... I still looked good. Perks of being who I was.

Slipping into my leather jacket, I grabbed my bag and headed out. I heard a honk from outside, smiling to myself I walked downstairs, going over to where Charlie was sitting on his normal spot.

"Hey I'm headed to hang out with Paul for the day." I told him leaning over the couch.

"Okay have fun." He said pausing in what he was doing to give me a nod.

I kissed his cheek muttering a quick be safe and started towards the front door, fishing my keys off the hook.

Going outside I saw Paul waiting in a large black truck... I stepped down the stairs and over to the passenger side. The truck was taller than my Wrangler, but I was able to climb in. I leaned over and gave Paul a small kiss in greeting.

"Does Sammy know you stole his truck?" I asked as he backed out of the driveway.

"He let me borrow it." Paul told me flashing me his goofy smirk that made my heart soar and knees weak. "Emily made him, saying it was my imprinter duty to pick you up, give you a break from driving all the time."

I laughed knowing Em.

"She's not wrong." He added giving me a quick glance. "You look tired."

"A little..." I said shrugging. "I've been staying up till midnight filling orders and being ready to jump when Bella screams..."

"She's still having nightmares?"

I nodded.

"Looks like the shopping thing didn't work after all." I told him sighing, staring out of the window. "I really don't know what to do for her, I've been researching every one of my spell books and consulted with my aunt Athena and all my cousins.... I can't fix this with a spell or my magic concoctions... I love the Cullen's every one of them but I sometimes wish Bella never would have gotten hooked up in it..."

I paused frowning deeply.

"Things changed the second Bella moved into this town, before her it was quiet, my life wasn't vampires this and shifters that. I mean I still had vampires to deal with but everything was relaxed and balanced... If Bella hadn't of moved here, she wouldn't have found out I was a witch, she wouldn't have gotten involved with Edward... that whole thing last year wouldn't have happened and I wouldn't have lost people I considered a second family."

I could feel tears building in my eyes but held them back.

"She knows witches and vampires exist.... how long until she finds out about the woflie secret?" I asked randomly talking. "Before I know it everyone around me will be gone... maybe like the Cullens or worse like my parents... I watched them die in front of my eyes... the thought of losing the girls or any of you would kill me."