Chapter Twenty-One

"This was an awesome idea!" I exclaimed turning to Leah and Quinn who had came home yesterday. I was spending the day with the two of them. Leah was almost out of the Sam break up funk. 

"It was a nice warm and rare sunny day, so she wanted to go swimming, so Quinn and I joined her.

"It really was." She said as we approached our usual spot near a big rock, it was an empty spot.

Laying out our towels, I took off my clothes, so my bikini set was showing, I had a pair of white jean cut shorts on and matching flipflops.

The three of us relaxed, I was enjoying the warmth of the sun and the calming noises of the water.  Days like this didn't come all the time so the beach was pretty packed, people were talking, children playing the typical stuff you'd find here.  Everyone was enjoying the last few weeks of July before the August weather started to settle in. 

 I laid there for a while before sitting up, checking my phone really quick seeing a text from Paul, I smiled thinking of him, he knew I was hanging out with the girls today. After replying I put my phone back and grabbed a book I brought.

"Soo Elena..." Leah said after a while of just relaxing. 

"Hmm?" I asked humming reading. 

"What's the deal with you and Lahote?" Leah asked. 

My eyes snapped over to her seeing the look on her face. 

"There's no deal." I said calmly trying not to freak out. 

"Come on, you've been spending most of your time with him, he stares at you thinking no one has noticed... and we all know you like him." 

I stared at her with my mouth nearly on the sandy floor, glancing at Quinn. 

When Quinn came home, the first thing I did was tell her about what happened. I was happy to finally tell someone, and thankful that Quinn took it well. She was over the moon over me and that's what I needed. Best part Quinn knew that Paul was a shifter so I could talk about things with her that I couldn't with anyone else other than Jasmine, Emily and Kim... Jasmine was going to be mad that I didn't tell her first but it wasn't like I knew Quinn was coming home... it just happened. 

Quinn gave me a nod as if saying it was okay. 

"Promise you won't tell anyone?" I asked giving Leah a pleading look. 

She nodded. 

"Paul and I are kind of dating." 

"What?!" She exclaimed loudly. 

I shushed her whipping my head around, eyeing all the people who stopped hearing her, her loudness had drawn a lot of attention. 

I glared at my bestie. 

"Sorry..." She muttered quietly.

She glared at everyone, people knew that Leah Clearwater was not the girl to mess with so they all slowly moved along.