Chapter Seventeen

"We are not watching Earth."  Jazz said forcefully, with her hands on her hips giving Quinn a look. 

Quinn had a whiny look on her face, holding up a movie. 

"C'mon Jazz, it's one of the greatest documentaries ever." Quinn told her. "Who doesn't love seeing a polar bear, humpback whale and a African bush elephant navigate through the wild." 

"No we're watching Soul Surfer." Jasmine said rolling her eyes. 

"That true story about a young girl who's arm got bitten off by a shark?" Quinn asked raising an eyebrow, waving towards me. "Yeah that's a great film to watch after Elena's nightmare of a fight with a scary vampire." 

"It wasn't that scary." I muttered just listening to my best friends. 

As planned Quinn and Jazz had shown up the day before prom. After hanging out in my room, we washed our hair, had a face scrub, and did everything you would at a DIY spay day at home. We were even dressed in fluffy jammies.

We headed back downstairs, once our Chinese food had been delivered. 

Since today wasn't a game day, Charlie was more than happy to give up the TV and couch and Bella was kind of hanging out with us, she was on lockdown. She could only go to school, work, diner and home. 

Jazz and Quinn were fighting over which movie to watch next, even though we have already watched about four. Bella stared at them and glanced at me every once in a while. 

"The whole point of this was so we could help Elena relax." Quinn told her shaking her head. "Nature movies are relaxing." 

"We've already watched a ton of your so called nature movies." Jazz told her glaring. 

Quinn sighed and threw her hands in the air tired of fighting and turned to me. 

"Elena what do you think?" She asked crossing her arms. "Should we watch wonderful relaxing Earth or shark eating scary Soul surfer?"

I glanced between them for a long time, they both stared at me causing huge tension. After a few minutes I sighed and got up, moving to the DVDs. 

"As much as I would love to watch another one of your movies on nature and Jazz's surfing stuff." I told them picking up a movie. "I'd like to watch the Craft."

"What?" They asked in sync, opening their mouths in shock. 

I smiled at them. 

"A movie about four witches who join forces." I said bending down to place the DVD in. 

"That actually sounds like a good one." Bella said drawing their attention, they nearly forgot she was there. 

Not giving them any more chances to argue, I pushed play and I sat back down on the couch beside Bella.  

Quinn took the chair and Jasmine sat beside Bella still glaring at each other. 

I grinned at my best friends still acting like little children until the movie finally loaded and the opening scene came onto the screen. 

A close up of the main character Sarah, she was very beautiful.  

"So you're a witch who likes watching witch movies?" Bella asked. 

"I love it." I told her getting up from the couch for a second. 

I checked the Pizza, Jasmine had brought, it was cooking in the oven, grabbing bags of chips. 

"Witch movies are my favorite... my top favorite is Practical magic." I added handing Bella a bag of chips. "I like seeing what people think of witches, every movie and tv shows are portrayed differently."