11 | Alliance 10

Days passed after the previous incident with my relatives. I was allotted to a client project and was asked to work in client office than my own. 

It was entirely new for me. The few friends I gathered in my new office are also gone. I have been allocated to a new project. And in my project, myself, my TL and Manager were there. 

What will I even talk with them apart from project related. So every time, I go for breaks and lunch alone. Then I got the company of two more colleagues though they belong to different project.

Life went smooth. When I was thinking that way, the next attack came. My mom came with next set of proposal.

The horoscopes were matching, the guy looked ok ok. Good job and salary. They stay in Anna nagar it seems. Hearing that I thought they might belong to some elite family living in a posh area.

I told my mom this is the last alliance I would come to meet and if this does not work out  we are going to stop with the process for few months. My mom agreed to it and prayed lot to all known Gods.

We all decided to meet in the Vadapalani temple. I came directly from my office to the temple and he too agreed to come after his office hours. 

He works as Reconcilation officer in a private bank. When we went to the temple and came out after workshipping, his family came along with him. 

We all moved to a side and sat down to talk general things. Then as usual they asked both of us to have a talk separately. 

He seemed little dark in color, but still looked handsome. With the way he was dressed, I was able to figure out that he  has good dressing sense. He seemed to be more outgoing person with modern thoughts. 

He had that posture like dominace, confidence, modernism, sophisticated look everything. He asked me first if I was ready to marry or my parents are forcing me. 

This question made me think good about him. Earlier with his looks I thought he might be little arrogant but he was not. 

Then we had general talks and came to know that he was working in Dubai and recently moved to chennai 3 months back on a different job. 

He immediately asked me if I was ok with proceeding further and I said Ok immediately. Within a fraction of seconds, loads of thoughts ran in my mind. My previous experiences with the marriage meet and the rejections faced, made me say yes. 

My heart was beating faster with a loud thud. I was happy, excited, still afraid. Afraid for what I don't know. May be thinking whether I have made correct decision? I don't know. 

But I decided not to drag it further and say ok. 

We then met our parents and told about our decision. They were happy. Then our parents decided to meet the Lord Murugan in the Temple together before we depart. 

We stood in the line to meet , while the elders were talking . My mom made me stand behind him. Though I said Ok and all that, I felt this is all too much. Still I agreed and stood behind him. 

He spoke nicely. One thing I understood is , he is very outspoken person and jovial. Whereas I am completely opposite. I am an introvert. It takes time for me to mingle with persons. 

Everyone would like such a person who mingles with their family easily and talks well. I too expect that , but I am not that type of person. It takes time for me. 

After worshipping, his mom asked me to exchange my number with his. Though we were quite surprised, we exchanged it , as I don't want them to think anything otherwise. 

I could clearly read the minds of my parents as well. All my previous alliances, which rejected me, had silly reasons. We thought this alliance might feel bad and reject me if we say no or think more to share my number. 

My parents told they are ok with proceeding with the alliance. Still they insisted us to take a day time and reply us the next day. Even though we denied it they gave us time.

Can't understand the people. 

He then bid me bye. All the time he was addressing me in singluar like 'nee , va , po' . The previous alliances none of them spoke like this. But he did . Still I liked it. Anyway after marriage, this is how the husbands will talk. So I shrugged it off and it sounded nice as well for me. 

We all then departed from the temple, them at a different direction and we went to different direction. After reaching home, we discussed and then came to a conclusion to say ok. 

We pondered over the previous scenarios:

If we don't say yes , immediately they rejected me

If we don't share the number immediately they rejected me

if we don't give them confident answer they rejected me

if we take time to think they rejected me. 

Because of all this we decided to say yes as this alliance seemed to be different and good when compared to everyone. Still we have not enquired anything about the guy or his family. We don't have anyone to ask help for enquiring. 

Its difficult to go to the office and enquire him as well. So we put all the burden on Lord and decided to say Yes hoping this would be a good family. 

The next day in my office, I did not say this to anyone about the meet. It was evening. I received a call from him but I did not pick it up as I was in restroom. 

Then I made a call to my parents first asking whether they have informed about our decision. They said yes and groom's side is also ok. I informed my parents that I received a call from him and asked permission to talk.

My parents asked me to talk fearing they might reject me if I did not talk. Agreeing to that, I then dialled him. This time he did not pick up. 

I then boarded bus to my home, when I got his call. I picked it up. I lied that I was in a meeting earlier and hence did not pick it up. He too gave the same reason. Not sure if it is the real one or fake like me.

 It was general like what you are doing. how was the day and all that.

I felt like this is too fast. What you just me few minutes before and talking like as if we have known each other for long. 

I agree, once the marriage is fixed they will talk for hours. But this one.. Ok I agreed and talked with him for few minutes.  As I was travelling, I was not able to hear him well . So I cut the call stating we will reach home and talk with him.

Then after reaching home, I refreshed myself and took time. Only then I remembered to make a call to him and dialled him. 

I felt this all behaviour as strange and awkward. Fearing that he might get angry if I don't call or speak with him. Talking alone away from my parents with him on call. 

I am not basically used to it. I feel very shy even though he will be my husband after marriage, I feel shy.

Still I had a talk with him. He asked me if I am really ok with marriage and why I am not talking properly. I explained him that it takes time for me to gel with people. After few talks I cut the call stating I need to go have my dinner.

I did not even have whatsapp or anyother social media account. I was using a basic mobile only. Ya I know its strange for a girl working in MNC having a basic mobile . But that is how I was.

To be continued...