10 | Alliance 09

After what happened with the previous alliance, my mom was still unstoppable. I really got infuriated with my mom.

"maa.. how come you are like this? Don't you feel bad for me? after this much of rejections still you start with searching the other one. Don't I have heart? won't I not feel dejected and depressed of all this?"

"these things are common. You too would get married soon to a good guy. Why do you want to unnecessarily think about things" my mom replied making my bp shoot up.

I went to my room and locked myself. Its of no use talking to her. Last year she was even more desperate to marry me off. I Still remember , it was Diwali time. My Dad has gone out. 

Suddenly my mom came and told, she has a suitable profile match for me and was talking with his parents. 

The guy and his sister are nearby to our place in their relative house and wanted to see me. 

I rolled my eyes hearing it and went back to doing my previous work.But the next sentence gave me a shock.

"I got a call from them now. They are coming now, to take a look at you. His sister wants to meet you now before she goes back to her inlaw's place in Hyderabad." 

"What?? now??  no.. say that I am not at home."

My mom begged and pleaded me to be at home and just say hi to them. But I clearly denied. My brother too was not interested of all this and supported me. 

We both locked ourself in to our room till they left. I totally felt disgusted at my mom for her act. Also I hate them for this unannounced arrival.

I mentally decided that day to say no for that alliance. I did not even want to look at his profile or picture. 

Once they left , I was stubborn in my decision and made my mom say some reason and stop with proceeding on that alliance.

Moreover, he seems to do some business. I am very reluctant when it comes to business people. 

Even if it is a 9 to 5 job with less salary I am fine but not business. 

Darting to the present, my mom took some days searching for a profile and finally showed one which was matching. 

I looked at his profile and searched for him in linkedin. He seemed to be well experienced professinonally. I saw his photo and he looked good and very tall. 

Ok he looked good and I liked. But I should not go with looks. Still that is the main factor that captivates everyone  right? I too fall in to that trap.

Even after facing so much of rejections, even after my mind warning me of not to raise hopes, I anticipated for his arrival for tomorrow. 

Just when I was day dreaming all this, my mom was shouting, with full anger. She was pissed off. Throwing all the vessels and scolding.

I don't know whose engagement or marriage is fixed now that my mom is shouting . I went near her to enquire about the same.

"maa.. why are you shouting? whose marriage is fixed now? who increased your bp now?" I asked playfully.

"The guy who is supposed to come and meet you tomorrow" 

"haan.. what happened for him?"

"he said he is not interested and will not come to meet you"

"What???" I queried with shock.

"ama . you are not tall and fair it seems. His father said he is expecting a girl who has modern looks as well" 

I did not know what to say. Again I was rejected even before the meeting. It is completely stupid  of me and mistake from my side to develop hope.

I should have known this earlier. And now I doubt, may be his Father would have shown my profile only now, or was trying to force him.

Uff.. whatever.. I just hate them all. 

Days passed. 

I was in office. My mom went to attend the marriage of one of my cousin, who is 6 years younger to me. While I was at my lunch break, my mom made a call. 

I picked up casually and said hello. My mom said few of my relatives want to speak and she immediately gave the phone to them.

I seriously did not like this behavior of my mom. With hesitation and irritation I spoke few words with them. 

Those relatives are some one with whom I don't have big rapport at all. They are not my well wishers. And do you know what they talked with me?

"hey.. why you did not come for the marriage? you did not even come for the engagement."

as in they are more concerned about me. As in I am the important person there to attend the function . So what if I not attend it.

"all your cousins who are younger to you are getting married. why are you denying to marry? "

seriously?? I am ready for marriage long time back. but it is the other side who is rejecting me. 

"are you in love with anyone? is that the reason you are rejecting all the alliances?"

I lost my temper and asked them to handover the phone to my mom . Without heeding to me, they went on and on. I cut the call abruptly not wanting to talk with them.

I cried heavily. I was hurt , dejected, depressed. I felt aversion over everyone and everything around me. 

Why is this marriage a big issue? Marriage is something that should bring happiness. But for me it was a headache. The process itself is a headache. 

Will I pass my life like a nun without marrying? or will I end up marrying some random guy because of everyone's torture and suffer after marriage?

I feel the relatives are more ok if we suffer after marriage. But not live happily without marrying. Sadistic people.