01 | The Start

Sreeja is a 24 year old girl working in an MNC in Chennai. She is very lean, wearing spectacles, devoid of any makeup and basic fashion sense. She is a literal sanysai who does not know about love or romance. 

Her life was going smoothly, Ok not so smooth with full of work pressure. Still she loved it because , she earns money and was able to help her parents well. One fine evening, Sreeja came home early from office. 

She rang the door bell and was waiting for her mom to open the door. When the door opened, she saw her mom standing along with the neighbor hood aunt.

Aunt: "Ok I will leave. Think about what I told. Its a very good alliance. So start with the groom search soon and settle it" she spoke to Sreeja's mom.

Turning to Sreeja, the Aunt smiled to which she too reciprocated with a namaskaram. After enquiring about her well being and office life, the Aunt started with dropping a hint of her alliance search.

Aunt: "Sreeja, do you know cooking?"

Sreeja just gave a smile indicating she is zero in cooking. Though she helps her mom in doing some work, Sreeja does not know much about cooking

Aunt: "Do you know to sing song?"

Cooking is something Sreeja can manage. But song, she is in a different planet when it comes to music. Not able to answer her, Sreeja just remained silent with a shy smile.

Aunt:"its time that you learn all that." Turning to her mother, " Ok mami I am leaving, think about what  I told"

Once the aunt left, Sreeja closed the door and asked her mother Dhanam, "woah.. maa? what's the matter? that high class aunt never comes to our  house.Now what's the deal with them? any problem in the flat?"

"no no nothing as such. She came asking your horoscope for alliance for one of their close relative"

"and what did you say?" asked Sreeja with shock evident in her face.

"what to say, I don't even know where your horoscope is . May be we need to write a new one. Will talk when your father comes."

Evening Dhanam spoke with Raman about the alliance.

Dhanam: "Girija mami, came with a horoscope for Sreeja. The guy is her close relative it seems, who has a good job, well settled and they seem to be quiet rich"

Raman: " Has our daughter that grown to look for alliance?"

Dhanam: "She is 24 plus. In few months she would turn to 25. You don't have any care towards our daughter. We need to wait for a neighbor to start this alliance process for Sreeja"

Raman: "why are you in such a hurry. First of all did you ask Sreeja, if she is ready to marry ? If she is in love with someone then there is no need of us wasting the time here. First let us check with her and sort this out.I don't want any shame and embarrassments in the later stage saying she is in love with someone"

After finishing the dinner, the family gathered in their terrace to talk. This is something usual and may be called as family time for them , amidst all their busy schedule to discuss about everything in general.

Raman:"Sreeja we are planning to start with marriage alliance for you to marry, is that ok with you? can we proceed?" 

Though her parents did not ask her directly if she is in love with someone. It was clearly evident in their tone and looks. 

Sreeja is very shy in handling these situations and mostly feel awkward to have these kind of conversation. Though she shares everything with her parents, when it comes to love matters,she refrains herself. 

Once by mistake she shared with her parents,the love matter of her friend in school. Dhanam scolded her for listening to such stories and even refrained her from talking with boys and such love couples. Her mother at one point went overboard in insisting on changing schools due to this reason.

From then on Sreeja refrained from sharing any love gossips in school, college and office with her parents. And for the record, Sreeja too never fell in love with anyone. Two reasons, It does not suit her, second, she is very well aware and cautious to not put her parents in difficult situation with her love matters.

Darting to the present, "it's high time that I have to face all these and answer maturely" thought Sreeja and replied her parents " I am ready for marriage. You can proceed". 

Dhanam: "Ok then we will start with the process on an auspicious day. We need to verify about the guy and his background"

Raman: "First of all we need to see the horoscope matching. Do you have her horoscope written?"

Dhanam:"hmmm yess.. Oh ...no no , I don't think I have. Will write a new one. But what is her time of birth and other details?"

Raman: " I think I have one. But not sure . Need to search it . Timings I think its 7.41 am. Oh may be its pm"

Dhanam: " no no she was born in the morning not evening. I think the timing is 7.35 AM."

Raman : " Your mom told me the news only at 7.41. You better ask your mom"

Dhanam: " can't you even note the timing of when your child is born? what were you doing outside? I am the one who has to look after everything"

Raman: " I came to know only through your mom , how would I know in before?I told long time back to write horoscope but you people did not bother and you too were listening to your mother only not me"

The argument started over the horoscope of Sreeja in a grand manner. "Uff, what I am going to do with these two? The very first process if having this much struggle. Not sure how things are going to go. I don't even know who is going to be my life partner. 

How my life would be with him. What type of person would he be? Will he be good? Will he be an understanding one? Will we both be a good made for each other couple?"

Loads of thoughts ran in her mind. Sreeja decided not to talk about anything in her office as nothing has been started yet.

Will Sreeja meet her life partner through this marriage meet? What all experiences are instore for Sreeja in this meet? Let's wait and watch.

********************************