𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱

WILLIE WAS WATCHING THE GAME TAPE FROM THE NIGHT BEFORE

WILLIE WAS WATCHING THE GAME TAPE FROM THE NIGHT BEFORE. She was sitting beside Colin, and watching the loss happen seemed more painful to him than actually living it''. As Jan Maas allowed the ball to slip past him, Isaac turned around and shouted, "Jan Maas, that's shit defending."

"Yes, that goal was entirely my fault," the Dutch man responded sarcastically, rolling his eyes. He was telling the truth, but yelling at each other was definitely not going to help anything.

The McAdoo man just shook his head, his finger still pointed at Jan Maas. Colin nudged him in the side, but it did nothing. "I don't wanna hear it. We need to get our shit together!"

"Hey, hit pause for me, will you?" Ted asked Coach Beard. The man paused the video as the head coach made his way to the front of the room. "Hey, fellas. Listen, I don't care what our record is, but I hear the chatter, people saying there's something wrong with us. Not the way I see it, okay? And here's why: I believe in communism." There was a long pause, some murmuring, and a lot of concerned faces. "Rom-communism, that is."

"What is rom-communism?" Bumbercatch asked since they were all wondering it. They all knew that it obviously had something to do with rom-coms, but what about them and why did he have to associate it with communism?

Ted explained, "Well, Bumbercatch, it is a worldview that reminds us that romantic comedies with folks like Tom Hanks, Meg Ryan or, uh, Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant or... Who am I missing, Coach?"

"Drew Barrymore?"

"Matthew McConaughey, obviously."

"The three Kates."

"Yeah, Beckinsale, Hudson, Winslet."

"I enjoy Renée Zellweger and all the Bridget Jones movies. I mean, her accent is pitch perfect and her gift of physical comedy is grossly underrated," Sam informed them with a smile. Willie grinned at all of their rom-com knowledge. She had made Colin watch about every single one ever made with her, so she was not surprised about him.

"All right, you've gotta give it up for Zellweger," Ted chuckled. "Look, point is, fellas, if all those attractive people with their amazing apartments and interesting jobs, usually in some creative field, can go through some lighthearted struggles and still end up happy, then so can we."