𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

THE TEAM WAS NOT THE ONLY ONE EXCITED ABOUT THE WIN

THE TEAM WAS NOT THE ONLY ONE EXCITED ABOUT THE WIN. The press was shocked and desperately wanted to know about Ted's first win as coach. Willie and Keeley stood in the back of the press room as he answered questions. The Jones woman had been hired to do some PR for the team, which meant that they would work together a lot. Ted asked, "All right. Shall we? Sarah, why don't you lead us off?"

"So, Coach Lasso. You finally won your first match. How's it feel?" Sarah questioned with a grin.

"Well, Sarah, I believe you can outscore your opponent and still lose. Just like you can score less than them and win. But last week we definitely won, which is pretty darn fun," he told her, causing a lot of people to cheer and laugh. He then pointed to the man that he always seemed to come back to. "All right, next question. Trent Crimm, The Independent."

Despite the fact that he needed no introduction, the man still stood up, took off his glasses, and announced, "Trent Crimm, The Independent. Is it safe to assume that Jamie Tartt will be back on the pitch next match?"

"Well, you know what they say when you assume, Trent? You make an arse outta you and me. Yeah?" Ted waited for the laughs, and he shot the Carlisle girl a grateful glance when she let out a giggle at the other American's joke. "And that right there is another example of how our English and y'all's English sometimes do not jive, innit?"

"But are you honestly gonna keep your best player on the bench?" Trent moved on as a couple of people laughed at that. Everyone leaned forward to hear the answer, and Willie noticed Jamie standing on the other side of the room, also wondering what his coach was going to do.

"Well, that depends on Jamie. He knows what we need from him," Ted replied, and he looked up at the Tartt man that he had noticed earlier. Jamie just walked out, and the coach returned to the questions. "Let's keep it going, yeah? Kip, come on, hit me."

Later, Willie was stepping out of her office to get a snack when she noticed the boys heading out to get on the practice field. She furrowed her eyebrows when she noticed Jamie in his normal clothes, the ones he had been wearing earlier, and not in uniform like everyone else. She grabbed Colin's shoulder when he passed. "What's wrong with Jamie?"