𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

 THEY WERE ALL STANDING IN A CIRCLE IN THE TREATMENT ROOM

THEY WERE ALL STANDING IN A CIRCLE IN THE TREATMENT ROOM. Willie had never been inside before, and it was interesting to see. They all stood with items in hand because Ted had an idea that if the entire team sacrificed something that meant a lot to them, the spirits or whatever that was haunting the room would leave them alone. So, that was how the Carlisle woman ended up standing there with a silver necklace in hand.

"Gentlemen, I am, by nature, a believer. Ghosts, spirit guides, aliens. Still, I can't actually tell you what lives beyond our physical world and what doesn't. What I can tell you, is that with the exception of the wit and wisdom of Calvin and Hobbes, not much lasts forever," Ted explained, and they all turned when the door opened. The brunette girl was surprised when she saw Rebecca enter the room. "Hey, boss. Glad you could join us."

She nodded back in greeting. "Hello."

"Yeah. Roy, why don't you get things started for us?" Ted asked the team captain, who then stepped forward into the middle of the circle with a small and thin blanket in his hand, ready for the sacrifice.

"I was nine when I got scouted by Sunderland, and I'd never left London before. My granddad drove me all the way there, and it was freezing, and I was terrified," Roy told them, and there were a couple of scattered chuckled around the room. "I was fucking nine. Say something. When I got there, he gave me this old blanket. He said it was to keep me warm and to remind me of home. And that was the last time I saw him. 'Cause he'd passed away by the time I got back for Christmas, so... That is why blankie means so much to me."

Isaac snickered, finding it insane that the man that was so cold and angry all of the time had once been scared of something and been a kid. "Did you just say 'blankie'?"

"No, I said 'blanket.' Conversation over. Sam, go," the man ordered, tossing his blanket into the pot thing where they were putting everything. It honestly looked like a keg, and it probably was.

"This is a picture of the 1994 Nigerian World Cup team," Sam told them, holding up a frame that had a picture of a bunch of footballers on a pitch. "I pledged I wouldn't take this down until I made the team myself... and I still intend to do that."